• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Raid boxing: coordinating multiple tanks, multiple groups (1 Viewer)

tweeb

RedCents
664¢
I've gotten interested in doing some old raids "progression style" with appropriate gear/level/AAs. But as I'm starting to write scripts for this, I'm realizing this is on a whole different level from managing a single group. Pretty excited for this programming challenge but I was hoping for some advice from the old hands that have been through this. I know there's some people on here that box 30+ and take them on raids.

How do you handle situations where (for example) there's multiple unmezzable adds and each tank needs to grab one, i.e. coordination between individual characters? or the raid needs to split into teams, or one group is dealing with mechanics while the rest are burning mobs, i.e. coordination between groups? Do you just drive a character in each team? Or is this all hopelessly situational and you have to take each event on a case by case basis?

It would be extra super cool if someone could talk through a specific event and how they scripted it (not sharing code if you don't wanna, just the general approach)

Set a priority target for each tank. You should know what's coming up, so in each individual tank's script, set them each to a specific add.
Some demo code:
Sub findPriorityTarget

/if (${Spawn[npc ${Thistank'sPriority} radius 350].ID}) {

/target id ${Spawn[npc ${Thistank'sPriority} radius 350].ID}

}

/return

AND IN AN EQ SOCIAL
/bct tank1 //varset Thistank'sPriority Whatevermob
/bct tank2 //varset Thistank'sPriority Whatevermob
/bct tank3 //varset Thistank'sPriority Whatevermob
/bct tank4 //varset Thistank'sPriority Whatevermob
/bct tank5 //varset Thistank'sPriority Whatevermob

Or send BC Commands for each tank to target the specific add (/bct offtank1 //target add1 ; /bct offtank2 //target add2 ; etc) and have them programmed to get aggro on their target no matter what.

Or, and this is my favorite strategy, beef up your main tank and have him tank literally everything. Warrior + DW setup + all clerics on you + SK epic + solid disc rotation = not dying ever.

As far as teams go, what I'd do is set each team to assist a different tank. G1, G3,4,5,6 /mainassist G1tank, rest /mainassist G2tank, etc.

Question - Raid boxing: coordinating multiple tanks, multiple groups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back