• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Raid boxing and xp (1 Viewer)

Tribunalite

RedCents
A few more of my military buds are coming over to play with us, so we will be some boxing fools...question: how does raid xp compare to group xp? With all of my friends, we are looking to grind up to 70 and score some AAs, and were thinking getting 4 group raids going, or 2x 2-group raids and clearing out some instanced zones for the xp. Obviously, group xp owns if the mob is 70+, but how would it compare if you had 12 folks killing vs 6 on the mob? Not talking big named, but maybe some named about like MPG groupable names. With 24 well geared toons kicking ass, would the xp suck vs 4 single groups going at it or 2 12 man miniraids? Say 1 mob = 6.00 AAxp at 100% to aaxp, 6 in group; would 12 in raid be 3, or a lot lower?

Tribunalite said:
A few more of my military buds are coming over to play with us, so we will be some boxing fools...question: how does raid xp compare to group xp? With all of my friends, we are looking to grind up to 70 and score some AAs, and were thinking getting 4 group raids going, or 2x 2-group raids and clearing out some instanced zones for the xp. Obviously, group xp owns if the mob is 70+, but how would it compare if you had 12 folks killing vs 6 on the mob? Not talking big named, but maybe some named about like MPG groupable names. With 24 well geared toons kicking ass, would the xp suck vs 4 single groups going at it or 2 12 man miniraids? Say 1 mob = 6.00 AAxp at 100% to aaxp, 6 in group; would 12 in raid be 3, or a lot lower?

raid exp obviously is slower then grp exp

But i think what you should look at is the EXP / Time spent ratio

What i mean is .. a good grp of 6 .. can kill a mob in X time.. and get Y Experience

Now ... your mini raid can kill a mob in A time... and get B EXP

Which gets you more?

problem is, it is directly proportional to the mobs you are fighting.

you mini raid may be able to smoke lvl 75 mobs ... your single grp of 6 may or may not be able to

If the DPS is good enough single grp beating on lv 70-73 mobs will be best if the XP / TIME ratio is good enough

i hope that makes sence

ARMY

Our goal was to be able to kill quickly so the pulls would be constant, and with plenty of DPS we can chew them up but the afk macros would need to reflect output to raid if done that way and the same with buffing so I wanted to ask and see if it would be worth it. The big reason to do it this way is that all need the xp and we have plenty of pcs to do the boxing and autobotting the nukers / pet classes while we actively play the warriors and sks.

As far as speed, the raid of 12 could kill the mob in about half the time for the non-named, and all would get the xp and could be watched. If we break it into groups then if one of us gets overloaded we cant come to the rescue since we would be in instanced zones and thus less concerned about ppl 'noticing'.

The main question I guess is what is the xp ratio? Raid of 6 folks the same xp as a group? Same xp per kill?

Raid XP is going to be far far worse then having individual XP groups. If you're looking to streamline communication between bots in each group instead of using Rsay, go with IRC. One person can set up a local IRC server and then everyone else can connect to their IP address. I'm assuming this is going to be like a wide area network kinda thing, not everyone sitting in the same house.

Another big reason to use IRC is that GM's can eavesdrop on guild and raid chat, they have no visibility to MQ2IRC chat.

what i would reccomend sir is plane of fire. just get seperate camps , make a channel and have a blast raping pofire. can start at c1/field and progress back to c2 as people get more levels and aa. just make sure tanks have aggro weapons or you have hybrid tanks.

What % AA per kill in PoF for a group of 70's? I can 6-box spirit warrior and knights camp in Arc with very little risk of death and I get about 0.2-0.3% per kill. Only 3 of my toons have PoF access so is it worth it to get them flagged? Also is it possible to go into PoF with 5 flagged and 1 not flagged?

Btw Toons with PoF access already are Pally, Rng and Brd. Toons w/o access are Bst,Shm,Clr,Enc and Dru.

Bad thing about PoFire is that a lot of folks on the various servers AFK kite there, thus the desire for raid-type instanced. Vxed xp blows, but some instanced Matriarch or Lich King (where there are repops and the mobs are 70+) would be decent, and that's the end goal is to get a load of aaxp / xp in places afkers and kiters shy away from.

I will check tonight and use a simple macro to compare the xp in 6-group raid and non-raid (and the same for 12-group raid). Just wasn't sure if folks had tried it before.

I promise you there are more mobs in pofire then any AFK Macro'er can take.. check up around the walls, use MQ2's map and you will see how many mobs truly are in castle2. Can hold at least 24 people.

Can also start fennin script :)

If your able to handle Anguish trash and flagged the exp the is nice even in raid. 18 people all you would need and a solid tank. Me and some of my RL friends had 10 toons doing it and 8 random afk guildies to fill out the raid.

You can do the MPG raids or the group trials? If you can do the raids knock all those out and keeping doing them till your all lvl 70. By then from the raid trials you should have enough decent gear for all the toons to handle CoA trash in groups for exp, and the minis for augs. Not sure if there are 18 people that are geared/skilled enough to do the events in my guild, maybe if you picked from best of the best on the server.

Raid boxing and xp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back