• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Quitting WoW (1 Viewer)

Eaglie

RedCents
Hey guys, I quit WoW again! See you in two months!

No, seriously, I promised myself this time: break until I get the expansion, play that a few months, then I'm done with WoW. Who thinks that's a lie? Probably my hygiene.

Also, in other news, I used a quote from Ali for a reflection paper... it was supposed to discuss Internet culture, and I brought up that the culture knows how to satirize itself quite well. It's a long paper...

The biggest phenomenon online right now is a two-year old game called World of Warcraft. Seven million people in the world play this game, and two men satirized on their cartoon South Park. The reaction to this episode was shocking. I had friends who had never heard of the game asking me about it. Other friends of mine at a website satirical website reacted to South Park in their typical way. Alihja of Not Addicted (http://www.notaddicted.com) expressed this in an article, “No Casual Gamer Left Behind,” written Oct. 24th, 2006: "If you watched the World of Warcraft South Park episode while playing World of Warcraft, you are not a casual gamer."

Lovely, even when taken out of context, don't you think?

I had people who know nothing about games saying, "oh, so that's what you do! That south park thing"

And why are you quitting wow? The time before the expansion is the best - it's time to enjoy the gear and levels you worked so hard to get.

And why are you quitting wow? The time before the expansion is the best - it's time to enjoy the gear and levels you worked so hard to get.

I actually ran out of time on my account, didn't buy a new gamecard yet, and so I figured I'd wait at least until the semester's over (beginning of December) to reactivate. So, really, it's not "quitting" as much as it is taking time off due to time constraints. I'd definitely (if I weren't me) bet that I'll be back by mid-December.

I actually ran out of time on my account, didn't buy a new gamecard yet, and so I figured I'd wait at least until the semester's over (beginning of December) to reactivate. So, really, it's not "quitting" as much as it is taking time off due to time constraints. I'd definitely (if I weren't me) bet that I'll be back by mid-December.

You have done this at least twice a year, every year, since the day I met you!

Quitting WoW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back