• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Quick Macro Writing Question... will take 20 sec... (1 Viewer)

bertoxboy

RedCents
Rich (BB code):
#turbo
Sub Main

/chat ${Param0} test
/echo ${Param0}

/return

usage: /mac whatever gsayor /mac whatever 3 or /mac whatever ooc

I'm trying to get to see the word test show up in whatever channel I type after the macro name in the /mac command... but it doesn't parse... I'm sure there is an easy way to do this?

that doesnt work either... my code int he original post works but only for chat channels... i'd like it to work for ooc, auction, shout, say, etc...

I'll look into events... don't think I've ever messed with that

- - - Updated - - -

Events won't work... the macro I'm working on only runs through once, it does not loop and stay active, events are out of the question... So there's no EASY way to send chat through a specified channel when taking a cue from $Param0} ?? I don't want to copy the macro 18 times and turn it into a giant switch statement lol...

that doesnt work either... my code int he original post works but only for chat channels... i'd like it to work for ooc, auction, shout, say, etc...

Do you care if you have to use more than 1 param. If you do you may want to think about passing the command as part on the parameter

/if (${Defined[Param0]}) /docommand /${Param0} test

Then pass the param like this:

/mac whatever gsay

/mac whatever shout

/mac whatever 1

Question - Quick Macro Writing Question... will take 20 sec...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back