• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Questions questions questions..... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
120¢
love this product... love this community... you are the best!!!

a few questions: i currently run a gold heroic SK with j5 cleric/f2p bard with rogue merc/f2p druid with rogue merc. So far destroying things. While I am able to fill in equipment with defiant stuff that drops.. I am unable to find any face,neck,waist,back... etc... gear to fill in those gaps. if you think there is a better comp i should try please let me know. my limitation is my computer can only handle 3 active sessions.

another question. I started a necro long ago. he is 92, what kind of group setup do you recommend? when i played him by hand, he is just so strong solo. doesn't need much of anything else.

my brother has a monk/shaman/mage combo i am thinking about leveling and stuff for him, what do you guys think of that?

thanks a ton. you converted an old WoW/HB user to EQ/RG user.

just so you know I was the kind of person that farmed mushrooms in FG for hours and hours, just to get one AA(during Luclin) I am glad those days are over!!

Last edited:
You will need to get a real cleric as you progress into the newer expansions. There are a lot of write-ups about leveling in the forums as well as group composition. Just look around a bit mast likely you will find a lot of what you are looking for.

only able to run 3 instances kinda hurts a little.

I think SK, Ench, Wiz, Cleric would be able to get you very far (especially using autocleric & afnuke2) but that means starting 2 characters over and eventually having to figure out how to get 4 instances going smoothly.

My favorite way to get mid-level equipment is Hero's journey. I made spreadsheet to help sort out what achievements gets what equipment. I can't look at it anymore, computer crashed and I don't have the program at the moment. It should still be good.

Attachments

• Hero's Journey Achievements MS Excel.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 23
If you have a stable source of plat you can purchase the defiant equivalent jewelry (ear1, ear2, ring1, ring2, neck, face) from vendors in PoK. Keefe Sterns sells up to level 50 and Iason Yureska sells 50+. The levels are slightly off though. For example the elaborate gear is req 59 rec 70. However it only appears on the vendor at 65 if I recall.

You can also use DB points for jewelry boxes. These give a single piece of level appropriate jewelry at random.

I second the Heroic Journey questlines. The quest rewards give pieces that scale roughly similar to defiant pieces.

you may want to troll the boards for streamlining your set up for best optimization to EQ (if you have not already) there are times when the ability to bring in more toons is a real boon!

I have a necro main I still love to play, they are an awesome powerhour and very versitile. With the recent changes to allow pets to hold aggro once more, they can bring even more to the group.

I will agree though that having a live healer can be a real boon, many named have managed to wipe out my cleric mercs, even when doubling up on them. A lot of times I use a celric merc and a back up healer, when I do not actually have a cleric up. I am a cautious player in that I live to have 2 healers of some sort, with group heals loaded. Been a few fights where I loaded a simple spell practice macro and just had for instance an out of group healer chain casting on the tank, or say a shaman chain casting AE healing waves/AE heal.

Question - Questions questions questions.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back