• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Idea - Questions and sanity check! (1 Viewer)

heystek

RedCents
765¢
I had a couple of ideas I wanted to bump off ya’ll to ensure I am not totally crazy.

I have been wracking my brain on how to get my toons some better weapons and equipment. I am on test and have a good amount of PP thanks to some test copies and a very generous donor. The problem is the bazaar is empty. I investigated buying some equipment Fennin Ro (where my main is) to test copy over, but the prices are radically expensive. The 40k I have on live would not go far.

Back to the point, I thought I read that the FV server removes the no trade flag on equipment. My thought was to buy a month of Gold, Trade a Krono for some PP, go on a shopping spree, and then test copy those items over.

The couple questions I had:
Am I crazy, for one?
Are the prices acceptable on FV?
What is a Krono going for on FV?
Lastly, can I copy those “no trade items” from FV to test? Or does the copy slap that no trade back on there?

My second idea was about campfires.

Unless I want to stay up way past my bedtime, I usually only get an hour or two to play at a time. So, I am finding ways to play that doesn’t involve a ton of wasted travel time.

Mr. Teek is sending me to Veksar for the current daily quests. I am dreading having get a full group of boxes there without too many headaches. I made it about halfway there last night, but the number of times I had to stop because someone got stuck in the tunnels or on a tree was way too high.

My thought was to run 3 of my mains there and place a campfire. Once the campfire is created, I will spin up some ‘campfire’ toons (probably just some /testbuff monks, for the ability to FD in case something is at the campsite). Then use the campfire to port these fellas to the campfire. Once they are there, I can log them off.

When I am done for the night, I can gate my guys back to PoK for vendors, spells, parcels and log off somewhere safe.

Then tomorrow when I want to play- I can log in those campfire toons, start a campfire, and port all my mains back in. Then log those guys back out until next time I need them.

Is that crazy talk, or am I on to something decent?

Bazaar is empty because stuff gets snagged quickly. There is usually a lot available, just have to ask in general or find a time when someone announces a fresh testcopy.

In tight tunnels if nav isn’t working you may be best off learning how to /stick your characters on yourself and run in shorter increments with your map open to see if you lose anyone. Running places with your group is integral.

Bazaar is empty because stuff gets snagged quickly. There is usually a lot available, just have to ask in general or find a time when someone announces a fresh testcopy.

In tight tunnels if nav isn’t working you may be best off learning how to /stick your characters on yourself and run in shorter increments with your map open to see if you lose anyone. Running places with your group is integral.
I will look into the /stick. After getting stuck a few times I did end up figuring out the shorter increments and longer bends around obstacles it just adds extra time to the runs to stop and wait. Hopefully the stick will help with that aspect.

Mr. Teek is sending me to Veksar for the current daily quests. I am dreading having get a full group of boxes there without too many headaches. I made it about halfway there last night, but the number of times I had to stop because someone got stuck in the tunnels or on a tree was way too high.
Two thoughts on this:
  1. Personally, I would skip Veksar. Although it can be good XP, I personally find the run out there not to be worth it. At your level, you'll probably get better overall XP per hour just heading to the planes. I usually do Plane of Innovation > Bastion of Thunder > Plane of Fire. They are quick trips from POK, good XP, and mostly empty on Test. In my opinion, 60 - 75ish are the worst levels in the game, so I just try to push through them as fast as possible.
  2. In terms of navigating tight tunnels, it's often it's helpful to click the "Follow Me" button which will have your guys stick closer to you. Sometimes the meshes are broken so they won't be able to traverse certain sections, etc. Just remember to turn it off when you get into combat.

If you post in general chat what you are looking for there is a decent chance somebody will parcel over a whole set of class/level appropriate gear.
This is what I have always loved about EQ. Most of the players are stand-up people and love to help out. =)

Two thoughts on this:
  1. Personally, I would skip Veksar. Although it can be good XP, I personally find the run out there not to be worth it. At your level, you'll probably get better overall XP per hour just heading to the planes. I usually do Plane of Innovation > Bastion of Thunder > Plane of Fire. They are quick trips from POK, good XP, and mostly empty on Test. In my opinion, 60 - 75ish are the worst levels in the game, so I just try to push through them as fast as possible.
  2. In terms of navigating tight tunnels, it's often it's helpful to click the "Follow Me" button which will have your guys stick closer to you. Sometimes the meshes are broken so they won't be able to traverse certain sections, etc. Just remember to turn it off when you get into combat.
That is a great point on Veksar. I went and looked at the reward again and it's the same level gear as the 55 quests. If I really need the gear I can pop over to PoI and run through that again. I keep hearing great things about PoFire so I might give PoI a couple more levels and start heading that way.

Up until the past couple of days, I have had really decent luck with Follow Me. I had some trouble even tracking through PoK with it. The crazy thing is most of the time it seems to be either my gnome or cat that gets stuck. I may have to keep an eye on them to see if they are trailing more than the others which pulls them out of Selos range?

That is a great point on Veksar. I went and looked at the reward again and it's the same level gear as the 55 quests. If I really need the gear I can pop over to PoI and run through that again. I keep hearing great things about PoFire so I might give PoI a couple more levels and start heading that way.

Up until the past couple of days, I have had really decent luck with Follow Me. I had some trouble even tracking through PoK with it. The crazy thing is most of the time it seems to be either my gnome or cat that gets stuck. I may have to keep an eye on them to see if they are trailing more than the others which pulls them out of Selos range?
Selos range might be the problem. I don't think you have the 5-minute AA yet (I think it's level 70-something), so they might be missing a cast of it on the bard. You may not have the increased song range AAs yet either.

Once you get the AA it's a lot easier because you can set up a hotkey to spam the AA without interrupting your twist.

Idea - Questions and sanity check!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back