• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question regarding possible banning (1 Viewer)

pushing4wardback

RedCents
13¢
Well to preface this I have been using mq2 since 2004 and have been active hacking since then and have never done anything risky enough to receive as much as a warning. However my younger brother also plays eq and does not quite understand how easy it is to get caught while warping etc and how to use it with discretion.

He called me up today and said someone petitioned him for warping and ninja looting a corpse. I often play from his IP when I go home once a month so this issue troubles me and I was wondering what I should tell him to do to avoid banning. I know they will look at the log and it will clearly indicate he was warping etc.

Any plans of action I of course told him to unload eq and play normally anything else like not playing for a couple weeks? Any advice would be much appreciated I don't want to get banned for his idiocy.

If he does get banned it will probably be just his account. Getting one petition may not do much, I have read about people getting tons of petitions and nothing ever happening, or it taking a couple months for any action to happen.

If it were me and I were really worried about it, I would connect to a nearby wifi and go crazy hacking and warping ect, and email sony saying my account has been hacked. heh, not sure how good of advice that really is though.

You should be fine. If anything, since this seems a first offense, they MAY suspend the account for 10-14 days. But I highly doubt anything like that will happen.

Now, if for some reason they do get your account too, I would just call Sony and tell them exactly what happened: Your brother uses that computer and the offenses happened on his account. The only reason you logged in on that IP is that you were at the house. They won't even bother to look into your account and will remove any soulmark they may have put on there. They are pretty good on judging by an account to account basis, so you should be fine.

i really wouldnt worry about it, i have one account, got it banned, started a new account on same ip, ended up talking to sony and getting first account unbanned, so then i had 2 accounts active, ended up getting BOTH of them accounts banned within 2 days of each other ( i made some really stupid choices) few months later, made a 3rd account which i am playing now. i dont they they ip ban too much, didnt in my case

Question regarding possible banning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back