• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Question. Not quite sure where this post belongs... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Long story short, the day ToL Tier 3 went live all 6 of my accounts that I was boxing with were hit. It was the second offense for two accounts and if I read correctly, account bannings really pickup at the third suspension so I went straight and gave up MQ2 about a year ago. I have considered returning but omitting the accounts I value the most and raid with (to protect my guild), but that's beside the point.

My real question is there are three features from RG/MQ2 that I really miss and the first two I suspect may be legal in a standalone app so I'm curious if there are any alternatives that do the following which don't violate the EULA.

1. Log in multiple toons at once
2. Flash the EQ logo on the taskbar when an account in the background receives a tell.

The final feature I really miss and is standard with RG even without MQ2 but I believe is a clear violation so I won't ask about it is showing all objects such as mobs and collectibles on the map.

But really I hate going LFG and then working on an alt's gear and constantly in fear of missing a tell. I loved that feature that I believe is in vanilla RG.

1. no there is no such tool to allow for loggin in multiple toons that are not against the TOS, there are some that is bordering the line, but depending on your play they could be against the TOS.

2. nope no such thing is happening, perhaps its a feature they will adopt in the future but nope

3. objects on maps are all mq, without mq you would only have what the map designer has opted to mark and would not be real live data.

Long story short, the day ToL Tier 3 went live all 6 of my accounts that I was boxing with were hit. It was the second offense for two accounts and if I read correctly, account bannings really pickup at the third suspension so I went straight and gave up MQ2 about a year ago. I have considered returning but omitting the accounts I value the most and raid with (to protect my guild), but that's beside the point.

My real question is there are three features from RG/MQ2 that I really miss and the first two I suspect may be legal in a standalone app so I'm curious if there are any alternatives that do the following which don't violate the EULA.

2. Flash the EQ logo on the taskbar when an account in the background receives a tell.

The final feature I really miss and is standard with RG even without MQ2 but I believe is a clear violation so I won't ask about it is showing all objects such as mobs and collectibles on the map.

But really I hate going LFG and then working on an alt's gear and constantly in fear of missing a tell. I loved that feature that I believe is in vanilla RG.
The problem you're going to have trying to segregate your MQ accounts and your valuable accounts, is that they can ID you based on hardware ID profiling. Basically, if you're using the same computer to play all your accounts, they've already associated all of those accounts with you as the owner. It doesn't matter that you only use MQ on certain accounts, if they ID you as a cheater, all of your accounts are up for possible suspension. And that's to say nothing of IP address, credit card or email address that they can use to link all of your accounts to you as the owner. At a minimum, you would need a brand new PC and brand new Daybreak accounts that use different email/CC and some level of IP obfuscation to play with MQ and then you could never cross-contaminate those accounts with your valuable accounts. No plat/krono xfers, no grouping for extended periods of time, etc. Basically anything that could make it look like your new accounts and old accounts are being controlled by the same person.

The map hack you're talking about is called ShowEQ and they can detect that too even if you don't have MQ loaded.

As for tells, I'd just use "beep on tells" or run Gina to alert your to incoming tells.

Something similar happened to me and for awhile I stopped "cheating".
Now, I play under my terms and I am thankful beyond words for the resources here at RG.
If it should happen that EQ is foolish as to ban my accounts, well such is the way of things.
There are other ways I can spend my free time.

If you use MQ, or any tools similar to it, you run a risk. There are no real alternatives to some things that MQ does that will not violate DBG rules. Period. All you can do is be careful when you play. And don't piss off the other players. Other than that, do not use accounts that would be a huge loss to you if banned. Easy to create and sub new accounts. At the end of the day you are asking for things that the game was not meant to do under game rules and play. Just like, if you violate the speed limit, there is always a chance a LEO will catch you and ticket you.

You can use ISBOXER to login multiple accounts at once but technically its still a third party program which is breaking the EULA.

It may be considered a different flavor of breaking the EULA but its still breaking the EULA.

AHK can do this, but it will take a while to log in as the screen needs to be in the foreground and you wait for each to log in fully. I did post a resource to do this for TLP but its for a single eq. If you want ill upload one that can log in many sequentially

Not gonna happen, your best bet is to start using GINA to flash a message or put the text in a timer or something

Request - Question. Not quite sure where this post belongs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back