• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Question about Selo (1 Viewer)

Monkly

RedCents
80¢
Hi guys. I haven't played EQ since Alaris but I have some friends interested in Selo so I am trying to do some research to see if its for me. When I used to play I took full advantage of MQ2 and boxed 5 characters. This time around I'm going to be a lot more casual so I won't need all the bells and whistles. To my understanding MQ2 will not work on Selo as it is Trubox. That's fine as far as I won't need it to box 2 chars. But are there any safe (and good) alternatives for some other features? Mainly the ability to see mobs on the map, command to see what named mobs are up etc.? As well as the enhanced descriptions on items such as procs and spell information?

Appreciate any info and thank you in advance.

Thank you for the link. I'll have to give it a go. I think I can survive EQ with at least a map feature. Out of curiosity does it function somewhat like MQ2 does? I remember being able to /target from anywhere and it would show me on the map where it was. I could also filter everything except my target. Also /who commands to see which named were up.

Also out of curiosity. What did they change to block MQ? Or even multi boxing on one PC? If I recall most of MQ2 was an overlay that just caught server information as it was being sent to you.

Thank you for the link. I'll have to give it a go. I think I can survive EQ with at least a map feature. Out of curiosity does it function somewhat like MQ2 does? I remember being able to /target from anywhere and it would show me on the map where it was. I could also filter everything except my target. Also /who commands to see which named were up.

Also out of curiosity. What did they change to block MQ? Or even multi boxing on one PC? If I recall most of MQ2 was an overlay that just caught server information as it was being sent to you.
I can't answer the question about mq2 with any sort of authority, tho I think I know why i'll let someone else chime in who can say confidently.

MySEQ does show what you're targetting and distance, and counts spawn timers etc. I friggen love myseq - I have a monitor dedicated for it.

I personally recommend Synergy if you want to box on TrueBox easier if you want something very simple. 1 time fee and life time access.
If you don't know the program itself makes all your pc's link to 1 mouse and keyboard, you can still use other one's on the individual pc's. It's simple, you set the Host PC name client PC name and in program set where you want the montier to be then slide your mouse off your main screen to that monitor and complete control now. I used this for 6 boxing when Truebox TLP came out.

Thank you Rhiza and Eld3r. I'm only gonna be boxing 2 chars so I don't think I need the hotkey side. It's easy enough to use /assist commands and targets target etc. I know it can be more efficient but I'm not gonna try to compete at any high level. Just a leisure stroll and some nostalgia.

Call me crazy but I like to farm things. To many new MMO's are all instanced. No finding a named and farming for gear. Thats why my main concern is a map feature so I can find named up to farm.

Thank you Rhiza and Eld3r. I'm only gonna be boxing 2 chars so I don't think I need the hotkey side. It's easy enough to use /assist commands and targets target etc. I know it can be more efficient but I'm not gonna try to compete at any high level. Just a leisure stroll and some nostalgia.

Call me crazy but I like to farm things. To many new MMO's are all instanced. No finding a named and farming for gear. Thats why my main concern is a map feature so I can find named up to farm.

Then MySEQ is all you'll need for sure. But if you do go into more then duo boxing i can give a referral code to synergy for some type of a discount

Question - Question about Selo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back