• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about powerlevelling up a new bard (1 Viewer)

Cpt_Cam

RedCents
I got a new account the other day. wanna make another bard (of course!). I think at level 5 you can start using shrouds. So, can I shroud the level 5 to level 60 or so and have my 70 bard afk spinning to get him xp or will that be too slow?

As a level 70 bard with over 300 aa's now i can tell ya there is simple things you can do Monster missions are ok problem 1 with them and there is a reason for this ok it takes 3 days of straight Monster missioning to get from 25 - 60 but if your going to Start going this path Sony has a new detection avialability from a third party company that recognizes warps. See after speaking to a sony tech.
"They have straight out said we dont condone macro's at all... We condone the people that warp for 1 reason its destroys the integratety of the game".

So get 3 accounts 1 account that will be a trash account and 2 thats you care about cause doing LSMM missions will cause you to lose the gimp account that warps and it takes about 15 days for them to recognize this. And of course to take action. So if 2 of the macro's dont warp you are not ruining the integratety of the game but the primary one will cause you to lose that account. So SPEND 20 BUCKS AND GET YOUR ACCOUNT TO 70... 15 days is more then enough time to get from 1-70 and about 200 aa if you are hard at it.

If you are on the saryrn server you can PM me i am setting up 2 times a month the escape goat =P

If you only have those two characters, what you can do is shroud the bard down to the other char's level and don't group him, but use him as a cleric, support class, or extra dps.

I was messing around with a new bard and found it very easy to pl him.
I first loaded him up with hp gear and a decent weapon and just killed till 2nd lvl. Then got the damage song, temp, sow, and a nice little dmage shield and ran around in the caves near shadow haven by the misquitos till I hit 10 (a couple hours) Then went to runnyeye and did the same thing. I then went to Unrest. The levels went by very fast and using a druid as PLer was easy to heal and re-thorn as required. Just zone out if druid gets aggro and the bard goes up really fast.

DruMundorffAz said:
Sony has a new detection avialability from a third party company that recognizes warps.

it takes about 15 days for them to recognize this. And of course to take action.

I too am curious where this information came from. A "sony tech"? It's not that I don't believe you, but if you could elaborate with a bit more detail? What third party company is doing this? That would mean either a third party company has access to all the server logs, or the packet stream. This went live with this patch? If so, how can you tell it takes "about 15 days"? Details, details.. Something this important should be elaborated on. :)

In the last few days i have been prosueing actions for 2 of my friends that were suspended for third party use is how they post it. Well when i called them i asked to speak with the suporvisor incharge. Once i got on the phone i asked them how can sony hold files that show everyones information in there database.
See with 1.5 million people on all the servers at any point in time every movement and even veiw would be saved people think. But on the contratary its not sony that is holding the files it would take up almost 1 tb of space every minute and well thats per server. To be able to desipher these that would be small odds or to even seperate these files to check peoples personal info = HELL.

Hence why they do roll backs its a hell for them to seperate seperate accounts. So sony's sup stated that they didnt condone these but there is a outsourced company that sony works with that helps maintain and supervise these hotspots to level. I in the last 5 days have had 2 friends get banned and even knowing a gm in person it still wasnt able to help cause these files when turned in get pulled for review and GM's dont have a say in anything.

So what i am working on is finding out what the company and IP address is and i will be posting a full packet sender to this company to pretty much show me standing still for ever. I donno yet i have a scheduled conversation with one of the Dev's today.
Lol so i donno. I have a complete 42 minute conversation with the gm that once i put vision on my phone i will transfer it and you all will be able to hear it online, cause i will make it avialable and even post it on Sony's Website showing that its ok with Sony to allow 3rd party programs.

As long as it doesnt break the integratety of the game. Sorry if my spelling isnt great just woke up and tired from dealing with this shit for last couple days accually. But hell this is tiring.

I will also be posting a new version macro tonight or tomarrow that i was working on the beta server for kiting in some of the new zones in the mass's =) charm kite = great for bards w/ fade..
So hope to hear from all you and let me know your input.

Its the same old "THE SKY IS FALLING THE SKY IS FALLING" crap pepole getting nailed for warping is from 1 they did it when a gm was in zone 2 pepole see them doing it and report them 3 or just doing something dumb Like doing LS mm in about 1 min. Had a buddie get nailed for that one. only took him about 2 hrs to get nailed. useing it your ok shared bank same way i used it a ton up untill this last patch with out a problem some pepole say its a matter of time its a insta ban i disagree like i said used up untill the patch. but pepole just get dumb with some of the plugins so they are realy just asking for problems.

Just my 2 cents flam away

I have a 70 brd that I purchased at PA several monthes ago. I would like to pl some AA's. I am not really interested in totally AFK stuff, but full control macros where I mostly just sit there and watch. Prefer no warping and difficult to prove that I am macroing stuff (ie: relative safe). I have minimal experience in playing a bard so the hopefully watching the macro will teach me a little about the best way to play it also...

If I could get 1-2 AA's playing 2-3 hours after work each day and 5-8 AA's Sat/Sun playing abiut 6 hours a day I would be happy. I know some people say they have macro's that get 30+ a day but even though that sounds great its not worth the attention or even the possiblity that someday SOE just looks at everyone with over 1000 AA's and investigates why a toon got 100 AA's in the first 4 years of playing, then 800 in a month and then 100 over the next 6 monthes....

Plus I would imagine there is at least one anal person on each server which takes having the most aa's seriously enough to petition people that are climbing the ranks to fast...hehe

1-2 AAs in a few hours isn't unrealistic even without MQ2. At level 70, get into a DoD Lost Notebook (hard) group. Pop Lesson of the Devoted and even with no bard skills you'll do about 2 AAs in the 30 minutes LoD is up. If you do the mission to completion, you can usually get another AA before the last book is looted, at least. That's about 45 minutes to an hour in a good group. Totally legit. No '3rd party software' involved.

If, while you're doing the mission you throw in a bard twist macro to help you out, thats up to you but it isn't needed.

if you have the toons to support it, you can box the mission yourself using MQ2 and one of the more 'passive' bard kite macros. Same experience, in just a bit longer time since you'll take a bit longer to kill each mob. I've kited the mission with a ranger necro and bot and walked away with 4-5 AAs in about 2 hours.

Done the Lost Notebook in a group (my Pally and 5 others I just met) and AA was very good for what I want. I got to keep the books and agreed to not roll for loot at end (figure I would get my loot later with all the books...). Lucky me my Pally was the only one that could use the chest loot hehe. My problem with that mission using only my toons is splitting mobs so I can handle them. I am not good at splitting with my bard but if I could watch a macro doing it and kiting with it...maybe I could learn a little bit
from it. It be nice to be able to kite with bard, have my rng range attack when in range, dru dot/snare/pet atk when in range, enc dot/slow/pet atk when in range and pally coulp /stick behind mob for some melee damage. I believe I could mac simple fairly transparent macros for all but the bard. And the key would be NEVER pulling more than 1 mob at a time. Once the first 5-6 were killed nearest the entrance I think I could do the rest pretty easy since I would then have a decent area to work in...

I do use 6 toons to kill Bluespark in MPG with pally pulling and tanking. Everyone assists great but the xp is not as good as the hive and I can only safely pull 6-7 mobs before needing to wait for mobs to start respawning. (no respawns in the hive is great)

On my 70 Enc account I also have 70 BST and on my 70 Clr account I have a 70 Shm. If I could perfect my bard pulling so I did not need the emergency healing/crowd control that the Clr/Enc provide I could use the Bst/Shm combo for more dps and easier for me to macro...

There are bard kiting macros out there. lost notebook would be a greatplace to learn to kite. You dont have to split if you're kiting. Does the bard have fading memories? if so that's ideal

Yes, I have fading memories. Is there any buffs that will increase my bards mana regen since Fading Memories seems to use a lot....

What spells (I have all up to 68) and what instruments should I be using? I have heard diff instruments increase effectiveness of spells. Does sitting effect bard regen? Anyone on Bert that wants to help me with training my bard can have all the loot while I am learning... Most stuff I have found on using a bard is for toons 60 and lower so sometimes it is hard to know what is really relavent for a 70 needing AA's.

I dont play a bard, so I'm only guessing here. But I do know one thing from talking to a lot of different bards in my time, nothing other than FT items (worn mana regen that is. I'm dating myself still calling it flowing thought) will help bard mana regen

Yes there are instruments that increase certain skills. Best bet would be to check out a bard site and just read about the class.

OK, been trying notebook mission kiting with only my bard inside mission. Gotten 1 spider down to about 75%. Prolly had as many as 10 spiders chasing me at the end. I resist most of their spells and can outrun everything in there. Cacaphony works good but 15min + between use is to slow. Either fire/poison/cold do about 75-80 a tick.
Can someone recommend some hotkeys to increase my dps as I am kiting? Is it possible to have more than one dot going at a time without MQ2?

Never needed Fading Memories and mana was not a problem.

RedDog said:
At level 70, get into a DoD Lost Notebook (hard) group. Pop Lesson of the Devoted and even with no bard skills you'll do about 2 AAs in the 30 minutes LoD is up.

I believe i get like 3+ AA useing LOD doing the creator with a good group useing no macros and sometimes haveing to kill some trash mobs when the the mission is complete because devotion hasn't run out.

Make a hotbutton that is /melody dot1 dot2 dot3 dot4 and you will chain sing 4 dots just like twist does. Only differance is if you miss a note, mob oor, can't see, or no target the melody breaks and you have to restart. Also if you havn't spent to many AAs by just up to Master of the Past 1 and you will never miss another note.

I could not see Master of the Past in my bard AA's. Which group should it be in? I have Internal Metronome at 4/5. If this works as I hope today maybe I will have another 6-8 to spend...

If I could get 1-2 AA's playing 2-3 hours after work each day and 5-8 AA's Sat/Sun playing abiut 6 hours a day I would be happy.

Hell again not even using MQ, just do a couple Nest runs a day, one with LoD on (preferably in a fast killing group) and you will easily get that amount of AAs. I generally do a mission before and after raids and will get 9-10 AAs total, usually 3 from slow run & 6-7 from LoD run.

Also depending just how good your group is you arent looking at 2-3 hrs a day for that, more like 30mins - 60 mins per mission max. So if you have the time & patience, you can earn quite a few AAs.

The Nest is also a great place to practice bard pulling skills.

Question about powerlevelling up a new bard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back