• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about Mq2nokos (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
I don't understand some of the terms, or at least I have become confused.

I tried using mq2nokos .....and I assumed it meant I would not draw agro?...although on the instructions I read about it it said it was client side only? ....I don't really understand what that meant....and what more I still drew agro.....annnnd when I activated the /nokos another line came up and said I am now "ghosting" .....

what the heck does the nokos do?

Think of NoKOS as an OOBE (Out Of Body Experience). You are moving around a zone on your screen only (client side). This means that everyone else, including mobs (server side), see you at the location where you started the plugin. I've also been told that you will turn in place as you move. While in this state, you can't interact with your environment at all as I understand it. Honestly never used it but been around long enough to remember the controversy over the Ghost plugin (waves to Cronic ;) ). So no agro'ing of mobs since technically, your body is waaaay over somewhere else. Speaking of that, your actual body can be hurt. Upon stopping the plugin, someone correct me if I'm wrong, your server-side body will warp to your new location.

d

So you would not be able to use nokos to do any of the missions in DoD where you have to "map" a zone then i am guessing, since it would not register you actually going anywhere.

the way the old nokos worked was very similar to the old turn off the BB modem for a sec run over there and turn it back on. This was nerfed 2 patches ago so there is a server to client side check now. That is why NOkOs is having issues at the moment. All NOkOs did was the samethign basicly but in the software instead of with the hardware.

Question about Mq2nokos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back