• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question about detection. (1 Viewer)

sgresham

RedCents
If I am running MQ, and a GM is standing in front of me. ( Not a Guide. ) Can he see me running the program without me using it at all whatsoever ?

Speculation would have it that if you have Allow SysInfo Send marked as on in your General options, it is a possibility. Remember that GMs typically only make themselves known if its at the request of another player, so they're usually there for something. If you think that they're there for you, then using /unload would be trivial.

Im just asking because I was banned without ever seeing a GM, or being prompted that my account was being suspended. I just tried to log in one morning, and it said I was suspended. 7 days later, It was freed up without a word, or email sent, and all of my qvic / VT crap was still on my like, level 10 alts. I was curious if they could just detect it being active, because I still like to use MQ2 for the /target and the new interface stuff Reno provided.

Who knows. I used to use /warp and /zone, and like a moron sometimes going through PoK. Although the night I got banned, I didnt really use it much the previous day. I know for a fact I didnt /zone the day I got banned. I just woke up the next morning and discovered I was suspended, released 7 days later, and it was like it never happened. SoE didnt remove my items, and nothing was said. Its been about a month since this occured.

Question about detection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back