• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Quest Satchel and Armor Container Slots Needed (1 Viewer)

RedCents
455¢
Hey all,

Is it possible to create 2 empty bag slots below the 10 primary bag slots that will be dedicated to holding Quest satchels and Armor containers.

It's currently very disruptive (and no fun) to have to clear out full packs to make room for temporary quest satchels that should already have their own slot.

Think of how much easier (and more fun) it will be to have collection quest tasks handled after providing these slots.

This would make filling quest containers and pack management much less of a hassle. I've currently put off completing the LS "Memories of Goblin Enemies" quest because I don't have the pack space to move the contents of entire 42 slot packs elsewhere, and not just once but for all of my crew.

Armor containers are similar in that they need a pack slot opened up to combine them with components to make them class-specific. Couldn't this be done more easily by creating an extra dedicated pack slot for Armor containers?

I don't think this is very difficult to do technically but aren't there other considerations like where items end up when moved, even just temporarily? I know EQ tracks which item is in what pack or container slot. Would such a thing be doable without EQ having issues with how it tracks each item's location?

Anyway, if possible, would someone please consider doing this. It would be a huge help and save a LOT of pack management hassles.

Thanks for considering this.

Attachments

• Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ.png
    Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The reason I mentioned dedicated pack slots is because they would only hold temporary Quest satchels, or Armor containers. It wouldn't really be to permanently house regular game items.

I think it shouldn't be too difficult to put a restriction on the pack slot that the container must be the correct type, and only that type, Quest or Armor.

I think the main issue would be that items are temporarily somewhere that EQ doesn't recognize, unless it could be fooled into believing they're in an item buffer/overflow location that's already recognized.

Attachments

• Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ-3.png
    Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ-3.png
    73.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ-2.png
    Room for Additional Pack Slots in EQ-2.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 2
I would think the biggest stumbling block would be how to differentiate between those who have paid for the Merchant's Perk (which gives you 2 more slots) and those who have not.

So do I get 10 or 12? Or 14? And if I have not paid for the perk then are those extra 2 for trader satchels or quest satchels? If I have paid then its hard to see where there would be room for 12 slots on the character screen now.

I do not have that perk but I do see those extra 2 slots it gives fade in and out when I am working with my bags, collecting parcels etc. which is bothersome.

Like others suggested, I think most just work around it by handing off a bag to my merc, pet, alt but not finishing the trade and then put the quest container in the open slot, do the combine and then click cancel on the trade with the merc/pet/alt,

Last edited:
I would think the biggest stumbling block would be how to differentiate between those who have paid for the Merchant's Perk (which gives you 2 more slots) and those who have not.

So do I get 10 or 12? Or 14? And if I have not paid for the perk then are those extra 2 for trader satchels or quest satchels? If I have paid then its hard to see where there would be room for 12 slots on the character screen now.

I do not have that perk but I do see those extra 2 slots it gives fade in and out when I am working with my bags, collecting parcels etc. which is bothersome.

Like others suggested, I think most just work around it by handing off a bag to my merc, pet, alt but not finishing the trade and then put the quest container in the open slot, do the combine and then click cancel on the trade with the merc/pet/alt,
Yeah, I can see the 12 or 14 slot issues as being an additional hurdle to overcome. I just can't believe they (Sony/Daybreak) haven't thought about solving this issue themselves. It's just not handled well currently. We should already have these pack slots as part of the regular game. We shouldn't be forced to use risky work-arounds, putting the contents of entire (often large) packs at risk of being lost.

I imagine people who use pets/mercs to temporarily hold packs are pretty comfortable after doing it a few times. I just haven't because it seemed risky. Has anyone lost items doing it this way or is it considered fairly safe?

Yeah, I can see the 12 or 14 slot issues as being an additional hurdle to overcome. I just can't believe they (Sony/Daybreak) haven't thought about solving this issue themselves. It's just not handled well currently. We should already have these pack slots as part of the regular game. We shouldn't be forced to use risky work-arounds, putting the contents of entire (often large) packs at risk of being lost.

I imagine people who use pets/mercs to temporarily hold packs are pretty comfortable after doing it a few times. I just haven't because it seemed risky. Has anyone lost items doing it this way or is it considered fairly safe?
I came close to losing a bag one time when I was doing this by the baker over near parcel vendor in POK. Went to hand it to my merc and some else's merc came running thru and I wound up targeting it instead. Lucky it kept running and closed the window. Now, I make sure I am not in a populated area!

But tbh, I still am very cautious when I do this, slow, steady concentrate. Its easier to just unload a bag into the bank and empty a slot that way.

I came close to losing a bag one time when I was doing this by the baker over near parcel vendor in POK. Went to hand it to my merc and some else's merc came running thru and I wound up targeting it instead. Lucky it kept running and closed the window. Now, I make sure I am not in a populated area!

But tbh, I still am very cautious when I do this, slow, steady concentrate. Its easier to just unload a bag into the bank and empty a slot that way.
Yeah, it's going to take some serious bank management to clear out enough crud to free a pack slot. I keep tradeskill items and my bank is full.

Thanks for the info about using pets and watching for the correct pet. I may try that method the next time around.

Right now I am using housing for most of my "banking."

I just make one of my main group members a co-owner on different plots and then with loyalty houses you get 300 slots of almost anything per house. While there is a max of 3 houses a character can own, there is no limit on how many he can be a co-owner of.

I have one house dedicated to armor containers for instance, one house dedicated to smithing components, another house to hero's forge armor.

Doing this really opens up the bank for quest items, persona gear, etc.

Hoarders: EQ Edition
Unfortunately. But pack management is also almost as fun as getting a boot to the crotch, so there's that. My packs are organized but they're always close to full.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment, btw. I think it's pretty accurate (and funny). Loot Hoes FTW! :D

Right now I am using housing for most of my "banking."

I just make one of my main group members a co-owner on different plots and then with loyalty houses you get 300 slots of almost anything per house. While there is a max of 3 houses a character can own, there is no limit on how many he can be a co-owner of.

I have one house dedicated to armor containers for instance, one house dedicated to smithing components, another house to hero's forge armor.

Doing this really opens up the bank for quest items, persona gear, etc.
That's what I need to do, I think. Gather up all my TS mats and put them in a house. That'd save a ton of space. I semi-recently moved to a new server and I don't have a house here yet.

Request - Quest Satchel and Armor Container Slots Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back