• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Q on Bard aggro and duo'ing Classes (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
Alrighty, Im curious to know what class is best to duo w/ a bard. I heard a shaman but I was wondering how a wizard would do (or a mage/ench/druid/necro). Also, when i try (and i stress the fact that i say 'try' here) to make a macro for my 2ndary character, i was thinking of making the wizard (or whatever class it will be) to assist my bard and nuke/(dot) the mob w/ spell (slot #) at say 25% (or more depending on how bard keeps the aggro with his dot spell the % the 2nd character that would assist could be higher/lower) So im just wondering if this would be efficient and/or what duo class i could use to speed up the EXP once i start hunting for AAs. :p
Thanks in advanced, looking forward in finding out :)

the reason i say dots are better to duo with a bard is because you can dot the mob after the bard has all of his dots on no matter what as long as your dot deals less than his combined. that way you will never get aggro from the bard.

I feel a Necro would be a good partner with just about anyone including a bard. If Necro does over dot they can FD to wipe agro. This could be a good duo since they nerfed the swarm kiting.

Last edited:
As a bard you want a boxed char that requires the least amount of interaction possible.

The best DPS class is probably a mage, since hitting one hotkey is enough for 99% of grouped fights (/pet attack, /pause 60, /cast 1 etc).

I box a mage and while I don't play him as well as some mages, he puts out 300+ DPS.

The other great choice is a cleric for rez's and heals. I find there is nothing I can duo with a cleric that I couldn't duo with a mage anyways, but the rez's are always nice. The thing with me is I don't like having other people rely on my boxed char, so being the only cleric in the group while you are playing your bard is a massive pain in the ass. MQ2 would probably help.

Q on Bard aggro and duo'ing Classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back