• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Pulling by Con/Level?? (1 Viewer)

theGreatGizm0

RedCents
184¢
Searched for a bit and I only found a few references of people saying "I had my toon set up to pull by con" or "i was pulling by level in such and such" but I can't figure out how to set up what levels to pull by in kiss assist?

Is there a way to assign what to pull by con color or level?

This is how I did it, added to Sub ValidateTarget (Line 850 or so)
/declare PullValid int local 0
/declare min int local 5
/declare max int local 12

/if (${DebugCombat}) /echo DEBUGCOMBAT ValidateTarge Validate 2
| Pullers check your con
/if (${Select[${Role},PullerPetTank,PullerTank,Hunter,Puller]}) {
/if (${Target.Level} > ${max}) /return BadLevel
/if (${Target.Level} < ${min}) /return BadLevel
}

The bold parts are what I added. Set the min and max level to pull and it seems to work.

I see none of that in his post. I see him going through a targeting loop and canceling the mob if they're higher than x or lower than y. There's no check in there to ignore mobs you don't want to pull either, which would be easily added with noalert #.

Given that he uses ${Target.Level} all of his "validations" take place after the mob is targeted which can result in a constant stream of target -> cancel targets instead of just validating the target BEFORE it's even targeted by using spawnsearch filters.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see now he put it in the "validate" sub. But regardless he still uses ${Target} which, last I checked, doesn't work unless the mob is actually targeted.

A better spot to put that is the actual spot where KA searches for spawns before theyre targrted as opposed to after they're targeted.

He just needs to change his reference from ${Target.Level} to ${Spawn[${MobID}].Level} and it should still work in the validatetarget routine.

Rich (BB code):
/if (${Select[${Role},PullerPetTank,PullerTank,Hunter,Puller]}) { 
   /if (${Spawn[${MobID}].Level} > ${max}) /return BadLevel
   /if (${Spawn[${MobID}].Level} < ${min}) /return BadLevel
}

Not Touche at all, You partially touched on a big change made to the validatetarget routine.

Oh I see now he put it in the "validate" sub. But regardless he still uses ${Target} which, last I checked, doesn't work unless the mob is actually targeted

This change was made due to an announcement made by EQMule. The change had to do with not being able to target mobs greater than a certain distance. The ValidateTarget routine was changed to reference the Spawn TLO and not the Target TLO so distance was not an issue.

Question - Pulling by Con/Level??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back