• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Tech - Problems with adds (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,804¢
So I'm camping in Beasts' Domain and I have a great AFK spot south of the zone. Because of a roamer in my pull radius occasionally I will get a second naeya scavenger when I'm pulling. I have a merc tanking and my SK is set up to use explosion of spite and hatred to try to pick up adds. I kept noticing that every so often my entire group would be dead and I couldn't make head or tail of the logs. It looked like everyone just stood there and died.

So today I'm watching it run and my puller picks up an add. He brings it into the camp and even with my agro spells going off the scavenger starts chewing on my merc cleric. My cleric merc is 98 so he heals through it fairly easily and the team whacks the other scavenger down until it's dead.

THAT is where the weird part comes in. So the scavenger is chewing on the cleric merc, 1st doggie dies and then the rest of my team just stops. I get ADD IN CAMP messages but none of my 4 box toons make a move. My tank merc just stands there and the cleric merc heals himself over and over. I watched it for a couple of minutes wondering if they would finally kick in. All of my toons were very close together so the mob was not out of my camp radius.

Eventually I took my puller and tried to target the scavenger by clicking it, it just kept changing the target to the dead mob. I hit auto attack and nothing. Finally i left clicked the mobs name in the extended target bar and off he went, everyone joined in and we killed the second scavenger in no time.

I am perplexed. I have since moved the rest of my party back a ways from my puller in hopes that adds won't munch on the group so bad. It was the only thing I could think of. I'll let you know how it goes

I think what he means is that you should be assisting the SK. When I do a group like this one I will have my SK assist my puller, everyone else in the group assists my SK. Make sure you've also marked the Merc as the main tank in the group window, the SK to the main assist, and of course puller to the puller.

ok thats a great idea the why i have been doing it is all assist my merc tank and i have the same problem but i use my sk as a puller. so how should i run it? hace sk as puller tank and the rest assist my SK and hope the tank merc keeps agro?

ok thats a great idea the why i have been doing it is all assist my merc tank and i have the same problem but i use my sk as a puller. so how should i run it? hace sk as puller tank and the rest assist my SK and hope the tank merc keeps agro?

Yeah, I'd set him to puller tank, or just puller. I don't know exactly, but it seems that if you set him to pullertank then he'll do his best to keep aggro from the merc tank. Have you tried to let him tank and just use 2 healers or a healer and dps?

g_kinz sounds like we are having some of the same problems. I also use my SK as the puller. I've tried it a few different ways and I'm still struggling with adds.

Here is what I've tried so far:
Changed my SK's Tank Merc to Aggressive Auto Assist as recommended.

SK set as Puller and Main assist in EQ and as Puller in KISS, he Assists Merc Tank. I have Merc Tank set up as Main Tank. Rest of group - Bard,Wiz,Cleric all assist Merc Tank and are set on ASSIST in KISS.

SK set as Puller and Main assist in EQ and as Puller in KISS, he Assists Merc Tank. I have Merc Tank set up as Main Tank. Rest of group - Bard,Wiz,Cleric all assist SK and are set on ASSIST in KISS.

SK set as Puller and Main assist in EQ and as PullerTank in KISS, Rest of group - Bard,Wiz,Cleric all assist SK and are set on ASSIST in KISS.

Tried moving my tank away from the rest of my party.

Tried moving locations and pulling from somewhere else in the zone.

Today I tried using my bard as a puller but he got eaten too many times (still wearing heroic armor at 93 doesn't help lol). I still had the same problem as I have had in all of these scenarios. I pull two mobs. They handle one and then everyone freezes on the second mob while it eats my group one by one. My SK and my tank Merc just sit there. It shows ADD IN CAMP but they will stand there even when they are being attacked. Cleric Merc will heal but that is it.

I'd try setting SK as puller and tank, turn off the agro section in the ini and in mqmelee, don't mem any agro spells and don't have him nuke like crazy. He may still try and get agro off the merc but he won't be able to, he should go after any mobs in sight though.

yeah like infinite monkey said thats what i changed make SK puller tank and ever one assist my SK works 100% better. but yes melee.ini need to be modded so hes not taunting and other agro stuff. the kiss assist diffidently needs to be set up to assist an PC not a merc

It's weird, it's working well today after I removed the puller, main assist, and main tank tags from everyone and then reapplied them. Mayhap the game was having problems rather than kiss. It was weird though, I almost took a little video to show you guys. Everyone just standing in camp getting beat on with big ADD IN CAMP signs on the screen.

I'll let you know if I have any more problems. Thanks for all of the input. I will thank your replies when I can tomorrow.

Glad it's fixed. My group stuff gets bugged a lot and sometimes changing who the leader is or disbanding/rejoining will fix it. Occasionally camping is the only way. Glad it's working for you!!!

I almost took a little video to show you guys. Everyone just standing in camp getting beat on with big ADD IN CAMP signs on the screen.
That's just good entertainment :)

Tech - Problems with adds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back