• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problems typing after MQ2 (1 Viewer)

evercrack

RedCents
I have been out of the game for a while and started up again. When I have MQ2 loaded up and try to turn on plugins, my keyboard starts typing randon number after typing "Plugin MQ2". Once I get to the 2, no matter what key I press, it is just random numbers. For example: if I want to type "plugin mq2twist", it would look something like this :"plugin mq24785". I have found a way to get around it by switching to "character map" in windows but I have to do it everytime I try to do any MQ2 command.
Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I have been out of the game for a while and started up again. When I have MQ2 loaded up and try to turn on plugins, my keyboard starts typing randon number after typing "Plugin MQ2". Once I get to the 2, no matter what key I press, it is just random numbers. For example: if I want to type "plugin mq2twist", it would look something like this :"plugin mq24785". I have found a way to get around it by switching to "character map" in windows but I have to do it everytime I try to do any MQ2 command.
Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

I have noticed at some times with my Windows 7 setup that my keyboard thing occasionally switches from us-en (english) to ca-fr (french). If you have windows 7 check the little keyboard icon on the taskbar and see if that says us english. If you have other languages installed it my be switching to them and FUBARing your stuff

I have Vista 64 bit.
I had originally thought it had something to do with typing MQ2 but it is after typing any number. It seems that if I type anything with a number, everything else I type seems to be a random number. This only happens in EQ. The only way I have found to correct this is to switch to my character map then switch back after every and any number I type.

Just for kicks.

1. Try sure Macroquest2.exe is set to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Window XP SP2
2. If you are a laptop make sure you aren't doing some kind of key stroke sequence or check your key bindings to make sure you aren't switching the laptops key board settings

After doing some more research I discovered that it is a known bug for Comcast's "Constant Guard" feature. I have uninstalled it and have not had any further issues.

Problems typing after MQ2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back