• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Problem..with Macro..I think (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
I used the updated AdvTaskRunner macro ...the one with the warp/zone taking out...your basically running all over (which I sort of like with all the talk of people being banned out there from warping/zoning.

I made it only choose the "Mystic Ring" ...think it was also good for "lookout below"..but I seemed to have remember people having success with it using the mystic ring.

The macro runs awesome for KC ...and getting to the druid spires...but seems to alwasy get caught in the tunnel on the way back to the taskmaster....

I also had the macro get caught in the tunnel (on the way back) from FV.

Not knowing alot about macros..I thought maybe because I had SOW going...so I made my runspeed normal....that did not work...so then I positioned myself right infrong of the taskmaster...thinking that I was starting slightly off center before and that why I was getting stuck (again...I don't know much about programming....)...but I am still getting caught....

but I will say this.....it was awesome sitting back watching my guy run his ass all over instead of me having to do it!!!!

if anyone has any helpful advice I would appriciate it!!

Thanks.

You have to choose:
Mystic Ring
Lookout Below
Scary Caves
Giant Expedition

so that it can continue to work...

But I have never heard of anyone getting stuck in the caves....I used to do it while riding a 100k mount....had no problems.

I had the same problem. You will have to rerecod some of the paths/Playfiles. Some of them work & some dont. Just go through them all & rerecord the ones where you get hung up.

There should be some autotask.ini file or some such with every possible task listed. Just put 1 next to the ones you want it to do, and 0 next to the ones you don't. The 4 I listed a few posts up are the ones you "want" to do ;)

We have found that on some of the servers the coords are a little off. I have been late in getting the latest update pushed ... but i'll get it out soon. I have split up the pathing so that the tunnel is its own path, I just do not like the way it stops and then starts the next one.

Yeah.. I did limit it to only the mystic rings...and it still was getting caught up in the tunnel....now after reading Alatyami's repsonce it makes sense why it was working for some and not others....I would love to start to learn how to program.....stuff is starting to make more sense to me now actually....

and thanks for working on those updated paths Alatyami.....that is great to hear since I am just not figuring out the basics :)

gardenia said:
Yeah.. I did limit it to only the mystic rings...

If you're going to limit yourself to only one of the tasks, I recommend you choose the one that covers the least ground. Giant Expedition rates #1, Scary Caves #2, then Mystic Rings and finally Lookout Below. Giant involves conservatively 25-30% the running of Mystic and elminates that tunnel completely.

The mac that I dowloaded said it was updated not to use warp/zone cracks..and that it was only done for (or at least that was the one that was highlighted...mystic ring) ....I was worried to use the others because I believed that those still have warping in those portions of the macro.

no, not at all. The advtask macro's that he reposted have no /warp or /zone command in them at all. If you are a port class then you use the caster macro. If not, then use the runner version.

Excellent..I will open it up for all those tasks then....sure will make it alot easier to get ones I can use now...

In regards to when I get caught in a tunnel ...

Ok...please put up with my thinking here.....

MacroQuest will say its running (just going to make up a name) Rings2FV.ini ....so where ever I get hung up at I do a /loc ...and then figure out what is the correct /loc that puts me right before the zone out and either decrease or increase the number of the /loc (depending on what direction I need to go) so I know it would for sure hit the zone out.

....I am worried because lets say my last good /loc is 100.00, 200.00 .and i move forward a little...and zone...so I have to guess a tiny bit as to what the exact location of the zone out is...so what I usually try to do is increase the number by just a few (I do a very trail /loc in the direction..so I know what to increase/decrease) ...what happens if I give it a number that goes beyond the zone out? will it still go in that direction? or do nothing because it does not recognize that /loc?

don't know if this post made any sense at all...

The Giant Expedition was the one that never failed, so I limited the choices to just that...but after about 45 minutes it seemed, I stopped getting that mission....I waited for about 30 minutes...it just never came up again....should I have waited longer...or is there something set that will take away that mission after using it so many times?

Problem..with Macro..I think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back