• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem downloading macroquest (1 Viewer)

bigdog

RedCents
I just subscribed to Redguide today and am interested in using macroquest. I went to the site and downloaded it and unzipped it to it's own folder but when I try to run the macroquest2.exe I get an error message saying "The application has failed to start because MQ2Main.dll was not found. Re-intalling the application may fix this problem." I know there was a patch done to EQ today and I'm not quite sure what the.dll file is and I'm wondering if it's something being updated due to the patch.

I read through the links you guys sent me and I still can't figure it out I keep seeing how to get MQ and how to get it running but I still can't get it running. When I double click the macroquest.exe file I still get the message saying Unable to locate component. Application has failed to start because MQ2Main.dlll was not found. This whole thing is new to me and I appreciate the time you have taken to help, but if you could explain it the way you would explain it to someone who's never used MQ or even heard of it. This is what is in my MQ2Auth0.h folder not sure if this is what someone needs to help but i cant find the .dll files MQ2AUTH(tPv_NeNcJvgLkpgQUGeztYsgFlk);
MQ2AUTH(KipTR_QzzyXrJJOFtCEJkazkrlG);

You compiling the solution? Sounds like you are just downloading the source and not compiling it. If that is the case, you are better off downloading a precompiled version from here.

Just so I am clear on what is happening...

1. You downloaded TurkReno's precompile
2. You unzipped the file
3. Inside the folder you just unzipped you double click on macroquest.exe

Is that correct?

I downloaded From macroquest.com site, unzipped to A created MQ2 folder, then doubleclicked macroquest2.exe and that's when i get the unable to open missing MQ2.dll

To use the files from the MQ2 website, you first have to compile them.

Download a precompile from here instead. If you are new to MQ, it's easier.

Hmmm, Turk seems to have removed his compile files, thinking that the patch would nerf them...which it didn't. If you wait a few hours, they will likely be reposted.

Ok I got it set up and I have a question. I went to a zone nobody was in and I used macro follow.mac and it worked, but when I typed in macro follow.mac off I got the message saying the current macro has ended but I couldn't move any where other than to follow the target any clues as to why this happened?

Problem downloading macroquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back