• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Probably a very basic question (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
I feel stupid asking this...but can someone give me an example of how I could automate loading up all the initial mq2 commands? I don't need each one done...just an example.

I made a button that started with a "." because i thought that would throw my in my compile window, but it just came out as a say command...so I put a "/" before it..and it did not recognize it...I believe there is a way to put all those commands in button for the plugin mq2load commands and even the docrack commands after the plugins are loaded.

that was sorta messed up question (on vicodin...had should surger, ouch)...

in EQ I make these little macro buttons....wheter its a saying or an action like "Here comes a grp heal" cast 6 ....

I was wondering if those same buttons could be used for things like...
/pluing mq2docrack
/plugin mq2tracking
/docrack nostun
etc

There's an even better way.

Create a text file called Servername_Charactername.cfg. To do this, open up notepad, or whatever text editor that you use, and in the file, type whatever commands you want executed whenever that character logs on. Here's an example of what your file could look like:

Rich (BB code):
/plugin mq2preventspeed noauto
/plugin mq2melee noauto
/plugin mq2cast unload
/docrack nostun
/docrack noencumber

You then hit "save as", then choose to save the file as "all types". After that, type in the file name as "Servername_charactername.cfg". Start MQ, start EQ, and you're good to go.

What MQ2 will do is execute the commands in your cfg file every time you log in with that character. I use it to start all of my docracks, do a /w all guild, see who's in all of my channels, etc on start up. Any command that MQ2 accepts will work. You could even use this to kick off a macro.

Probably a very basic question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back