• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Previously Banned; Returning soonish (1 Viewer)

V1C7UM

RedCents
Was banned for getting careless I guess, with my use of macroquest =) Its been a while now since the bannins of october. What functions are being relatively safely used nowadays? Warp? Btw... I think it was shared bank that got me smacked with the ban stick.

And remember, if you stop using MQ, the terrorists win.... (someone once said that and it cracked me up, so I felt a need to repeat it)

I just joined Redguides this week because, though I have smelled a lot of roses along the way I am ready to crank up my levels. I have only been playing EQ for about 9 months (I joined during the anniversary activities this year), and I on about 4 hours a night plus every minute I can squeeze in on the weekends.

My problem is that I have to go AFK a LOT. My home situation simply doesn't allow me to group very often, and solo play is beginning to suck... I finally decided to get a second account about 2 months ago so I could 2-box and open up some new in-game territory for me. I chose a Bard to accompany my Wiz, for all the obvious reasons I think everyone here already knows. I just wish the Bard had a direct heal, mana-based would be fine.... Oh, well. Now they are both level 52.

It was a mistake to wait so long for DoD, but NOBODY caried the blankety-blank thing in my town until after 2-3 rounds of nerfs had already happened. I was waiting for the in-game freebie instead of doing a digital download. Stupid reasoning since I have yet to even bother to claim the Roboboar. lol.

So I missed out on the majority of that easy experience. Even with 2 accounts and DoD, i still have the AFK problem (like 5 minutes out of every 15). I simply can't be that rude to a group, either guild or pickup. So I just bought a third account so I could do MMs/LDONs on my own. Too late for the easy soloing now after so many nerfs.

I just spent 4 hours last night trying to acomplish the Fairy MM and had to give it up at 2 am. I kept killing the shrines, but losing credit for the kill because (I guess) one of my 2 was dead at the time the shrine went down. There were about 10 of those dang gravediggers spawned by the time I gave it up. Half the time I would die before I could even run and DOT a shrine.

But, my question is basically the same as VIc7UM. I'm afraid that using warp will get me banned (I just downloaded the build so I haven't even tried to install MQ yet). So I think I'll just use the less noticable commands.

OK, what is it that I'm really asking?

1. Does the GM detect thing really work? I've read that GMs can stealth /who's. My thought is that since I see a GM so rarely (only once that i know of), maybe I can just write my scripts to exit upon GM detection in the zone/instance. I would do more risky stuff with my third account (game card, lol) but don't want to lose my 2 mains. Guess if I can't stand the heat I should stay out of the kitchen, ;~)

What methods would everyone recommend for me to fly under the radar. Things to either do or not do. There don't seem to be very many "secrets" outside of scripting. So far, every exploit I've heard of was fixed before I tried it, :(.

Thanks.

You can only tell if a GM is in a zone if they aren't /anon. If they are, you'd never be able to tell and they could ban you while watching blah blah etc. Warping is detectable but majority of us do it still, anywhere from 1 to hundreds of times per day. So its up to you if you'd want to do that. The Docrack offsets , map features, and automated skill macros are more or less undetectable. Suchas, having something to stick to a target and kick or whatever like that, or things to twist your songs for you etc.

More or less (Except for most docracks) Anything that edits your characters location, movement, or inventory is detectable. Otherwise a street smart player or a fucking lucky GM has to get you :)

GM detect does work in theory, however as you mentioned a GM can be truely invisible to any client side GM detection we have. So in all likelyhood, GM Detect plugins/scripts will help you if a GM happens to pop in to answer someone's petition or is just walking through the zone. However, if a GM suspects you of 3rd party activity, you won't see the GM detect go off at all or until it's way way too late and he's just showing himself to say Hi before he bans you. When they are snooping, you can't tell.

Best way to fly below the radar is to be smart. Don't AFK macro in populated zones, only use instanced zones. Don't use active hacks. If you use warp, use it only in instanced zones and then only sparingly. Don't use macros that have warp in them.

How did you get yourself "un-banned". hasve a friend that was recently banned and I'm sure they will take any advice you have.

Mochila said:
Use a basic build of MQ2. They watch previously suspended and banned users.

kinda true i guess, but i've been banned 2-3 times, I'm not sure which but I use warp pretty extensively, I heard /zone will get you caught though, so /warp is only thing I use nowdays

nyghteyes said:
Is /fade in same risk category as /warp /zone?
IMHO yes they are all equaly risky becasue they all require you interact with the server to move your char with out risk.

Previously Banned; Returning soonish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back