• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

post closed, no answer given (1 Viewer)

micswym

RedCents
I'm not sure why the post was closed, but it is. I'll ask my questin here (I know a new compile is coming out, I wasn't asking about that).

The zip from jigs is all folders, the one from reds is mostly dll's. I've only had MQ2 for a month, so don't know what the difference is, and if I need to do something different.

Thanks

I know the zips are gone now, but my guess is that you downloaded the SOURCE zip instead of the precompile zip. The source, as you can imagine, is for those who have the ability to compile their own, and gives them the freedom to make modifications, compile only certain functionality, compile their own proprietary dlls, etc.

You'll find that, by convention if not requirement, most of the precompiled stuff on this board also has the source code posted as well.

Will the compiled ones be posted when they're done?

Being this is only month number 2 for me I'm not sure how things are done. I didn't see anything like the jig zip last month, so just wanted to see if the one red did last month will be done for this one or not.

micswym said:
Will the compiled ones be posted when they're done?

Being this is only month number 2 for me I'm not sure how things are done. I didn't see anything like the jig zip last month, so just wanted to see if the one red did last month will be done for this one or not.

Yeah, I'm guessing Jigs will post a new one as soon as the source code is updated and available. Sometimes it's days, sometimes weeks...

They'll be posted when they're up again, but currently we're waiting for the MQ2 developers to post a new source. Usually we can get one up and running quickly, but they did quite a lot of changes this time and so it will probably take some time.

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was supposed to be doing (other then waiting, hehe). I figured if there was something that I should know/do then I could get to figuring out how to learn what I'd need.

No rush here, still waiting for my new game card so I can get back in.

Another question.....Before I started playing again I downloaded Escape to Norrath, figuring that I could reaquaint myself with the game by starting a new char. I never actually used it before taking the plunge back into EQ.
I tried to use it recently (since my card ran out, and I'm having withdrawls) but it won't let me play without a station name, then says I need an account. I haven't been ably to use SOE's system to send an email, just keeps telling me to confirm email address every time I try, so I thought maybe someone here knew a way to play Escape without getting an account. Seems kind of stupid to have a free trial, but only if you pay for an account?

Yeah, usually there are a few people who might post a compile, just to help people out. Some of the plugins aren't included in Red's compile (like MQ2Pop sometimes) so a few of us others who can at least do basic compiles even though we may not be able to understand a lot of the deep down issues in the source code (talking about myself here :) ). We will do a release under the same GPL license issues, which require a copy of the source code as well as the compiled DLL's. Red's is the official one on here though as far as I am concerned. He does understand some of the core issues, and has done a lot towards fixing rhe compile correctly.

post closed, no answer given

Users who are viewing this thread

Back