• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ (1 Viewer)

letmein

RedCents
Guys,

As in another thread, it seems as though alot of people are getting banned today. The only common denominator thus far is that everyone used /GATE since the patch and new compile of MQ2.

PLEASE, DO NOT USE ANY commands like /warp or /gate for the time being.

This is all circumstantial evidence, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you've been banned, please post how many accounts were banned, and any common info you can think of that you may have done with all accounts banned. We'll try to keep this current, either debunk it all as hearsay or validate it.

banned account not logged in after yesterday
not used chainzoning
but used shared docrack
and the only acc who banned of 4 (and the other 3 warp and gate like hell)
so it isnt the gate warp

Seems to me there may have been an influx of petitions, and they are just getting to them today.

I'm no longer worried about it. Your not gonna get banned for running MQ.

Your not gonna get banned for macros. I.e ones NOT using warp, gate, or any other ACTIVE hacks.

If you stick to macros only you'll be fine.

It's not the end of the world.

The bird flu, well...that's an entirely different story. THAT is the end of the world and, we're all gonna die.

I personally think it's shared bank I'm not going to go and try, but some other people have said that they were banned for trading no drops to their other toons.

Rofl its not gate, warp, zone......I have a macro that prolly uses those a thousand times a day, .....Still getting regular 48 AA a day. no bannings, been doing it since the first compile here on patch day....I'm with Tone

Ouch, well more fuel to the fire. My bard account got banned. Not sure why just bard, since I'm running 3 other bots doing the taskmasters stuff, /warp and /zoning, but no ban yet. My bard was doing kiting, in instance zone, and he I did have no shared crack on. None of my other accounts do that. I advise stay away from auto kiting, and no shared banks.

Its definitely that SOE is targetting people who use the Shared Bank stuff, its traceable now ----Don't do it--- if you haven't been busted for the Shared bank offset/haven't used it, and you're still banned....You just got caught or petition'd while afk...Or someone has a grudge against you ;)

So are they banning people who have only recently used the nodrop shared bank docrack, or are they tracing it to people who used it months ago?

Recent only. They'd lose *way* too many people if they traced all xfer'd no drops. This was just to get our attention......they know that word will spread quick and we'll stop using it

I don't know how I feel about all of this omg so here is a picture to explain.........

900.jpg

Well I was already to quit EQ before I found MQ2.... the way I look at it if I get any of my accounts screwed then I will stop paying on all of them. I love playing with MQ2 and with out it the game just isnt worth playing. Checked 4 accounts none have been stoped yet, have used piggyzone warp gate macros fade and shared all in the last 2 days, wont be using shared for awhile but wont stop using macros and gate.... will update if i get kicked from the game :cool:

I have been using warp and gate a lot with my DON macs, and I'm fine. I haven't used shared after this patch yet, and all is fine. All 12 accounts still good to go.

account banned today, thus begins the toils of attempting to get it back. think its possible if i plead guilty and say im a reformed character?

I think for sake of closure you might considering emailing them asking them why you were banned. If they banned you for warping etc, might play innocent and say your not the guilty party (your account was hacked etc..) If its for something more serious then they might not feel so generous to unban your account.

Lost mine last night as well..... havent used shared since the patch

Did some ZSing and warping last night.... pissed off 1 person - may have petitioned and they checked my logs, but not sure

have my email in

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. It has come to our attention from our various resources to show that your account has been linked to using a third party program to modify items in the EverQuest Client. Since the use of third party programs is against the End User License Agreement(EULA) we have no choice but to permanently close your account. I have included a copy of the relevant portion of our EULA for your review. If you have any questions you can see the entire EULA at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service/cs_EULA.jsp

BY PRESSING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE AMENDMENT TO THE USER AGREEMENT AND SOFTWARE LICENSE BELOW. BY PRESSING THE "DECLINE" BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU SHOULD CONTACT YOUR RETAILER REGARDING ITS RETURN POLICY FOR THE EVERQUEST CD-ROM. If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at [email protected] mailto:[email protected].

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

We always regret taking any disciplinary action against our customers, so we ask that you please review the above as well as the rest of our policies, which are located at http://eqlive.station.sony.com/support/customer_service. If you have any questions or concerns about our policies and procedures regarding the use of third party programs, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

EverQuest Account Status Administration
[email protected]
www.everquest.com
--------------------------------------
Sony Online Entertainment
www.station.sony.com
---------------------------------------
-If you reply to this message please be sure to include the entire thread of our prior correspondence. Thank you

I load mq2 everytime before I play, only reason I use it is for the showeq dealie on my map, I hope this doesnt get me banned lol.oh and every now and then ill use gate but i make sure to have gate potions on me when i do and i always do it while im very well hidden. think ill be ok?

Harass them further until they tell you the exact reason or what you were supposedly doing. Call them daily and write 3-4 emails a day. Stick with it and they'll at least be annoyed enough to give you the reasons.

If you harass them long and hard enough and in the right ways you might be able to talk your way back into the account.

Sounds like you did indeed piss some people off and thus get banned on a petition though ... who knows for sure though.

I'm just wondering how many of you have used the shared crack since the message in red started showing up? I've used it once, just yesterday and no problems yet. I've used it many times in the past tho, before the red warning message. So, those of you who have been banned, what is the timeline? Before or after warning?

Got the same email as druid.... was told by a guide friend, its from shared bank -- they are reading logs

Only hope really is to beg and express the fact that you wont ever do it again ect....

I have a theory of how this is happening. How many of those banned had DoD gear with full stats transfered to an alt and how many hasnt? I have about 10 friends I know of now all with that alt with the transfered gear. But I also have another friend who transfered 2 ish DoD items and has yet to be banned. So just a theory im curious if anyone here can back it up or disprove it.

I have like 4 toons on 4 different accounts all with several pieces of level 70 DoD mission gear (which has no rec. level or req. level) and those toons are like lvl 30-50.... All my accounts are still good to go.

-CodeCaster

is this retroactive or only since the new patch?

are they randomly selecting people or are this the beginning of a broad serverwide sweep?

i find it ironic that they hone in on perhaps the most benign sploit. there are many people who use mq2 to grief others, yet they magically walk free as long as they don't transfer btw characters.

Methinks ANYONE using the pimpshared is gonna get banned.

Use it at your own discretion.

You've been warned.

So if we haven't used shared bank crack since the patch, and we stop using /warp or /zone/gate/fade... and we haven't been banned yet, are we safe?

you use mq2 or any feature thereof you run the chance of being banned--fact of life--if you don't want to get banned then don't use it -- plain and simple

I used shared a few times today and warped a ton! I then read this post and had a heart attack. So far both my accounts still work. Have a feeling i'm going to wake up tomorrow and neither will work.

For all we know they only ran their general check for so long, then turned it off before they demolished their playerbase, you might have hope

Possible Account Bannings PLEASE READ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back