• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Porthio the Second Born Strat (1 Viewer)

rober

RedCents
this strat is for if your guild cant zerg him.

Petpull Nightshade, pull it to porthio's backwards, till the end of the pool, tank Nightshade at the end of the pool, with 2 tanks, (for if the MT dies) and range battle Nightshade, Dont move Nightshade from the end of the pool, or will warp back to Porthio and agro him, watch the push, and make sure that u get a tank that knows how to hold the control the movements of the mobs, Burn with rangefight Nightshade, than pull Porthio to the wall and Zerg him

No, he will not blur (its a command that porthio send to it, but as porthio has no agro, he will not send nightshade to attack anyone, MT can hold the agro)

Hope it still works after the last patch.And it helps you )

Last edited:
I love the strat but I am confused. Up top it says range fight Porthios after pulling cat and on the bottom it says Porthios is non-agro.

Clarification?

Split nightshade, without get him out of the pool, so it dont get out of range, warps and porthio agro,

Range Fight Nightshade, Porthio will not agro as long as you split the pet (petpull or monk split, wich is hardest)

After kill Nightshade, pull porthio and Zerg him, is very simple script )

How much does each mob hit for? What kind of tanks are needed for this? Like era-wise...would assume anguish by the level of his loots...

Little tip on the AE ramp from Nightshade (panther). Some of the melee's in my guild say they only get hit from the AE Ramp when they have Nightshade's Aura on them. If you have no debuff on you its safe to melee with no fear of being ramped (as long as the debuff is still off you that is).

As a shaman.. I just stay away from Nightshade at all times and never worry about it.

Well my strategy talks about kill it with low force, First pull nightshade, AND RANGEFIGHT it, so AE Ramp shouldnt be a problem.

The nighrshade aura, as is an aura, u most likely will have it about always

When we kill him, we have to fight both. For us, it requires 50+ folks. For Porthio you need a couple solid tanks. We use a ChC on this MT. For the cat we use our knights to make sure he doesnt go after healers when he is blurred. Obviously you want to use assist heals on this guy. Burn down the cat, then everyone on Porthio. Just a little side note, after the cat dies, buff druid skin back on your MT or anyone that needs it since the cat dispells it.

Well guys, if u cant petpull it, u can still monk split it, im a monk, and isnt hard at all.

Nerfed now, have to fight both at the same time, the cat is tethered to porthio now so if you aggro the cat porthio comes too, so sorry gotta do it the hard way now :)

Last edited:
Porthio the Second Born Strat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back