• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Portables and EQ (1 Viewer)

IamBigDaddy

RedCents
80¢
My portable died and I am in the market to buy a replacement. I would like some suggestions on which laptops can 2 box (or more) without much lag. Suggestions from people that are actually using their portable for EQ is what I really would like.

Thx

I'm running a Dell Inspiron E1505, 256mb nvidia card, 1gig ram, and I can 2box easily. I could probably run a third box if I turned off other programs and dialed down from full graphics.

I'd say you could probably run two to three accounts on a number of laptops as long as you realize the resources you need. Each instance of EQ runs about 400+mb of ram so for running two accounts you would need more than a gig of ram for sure to run it comfortably. Intel's built in video cards will not work for this it needs to be a 6800 type nvidia card with like 256mb of ram or something like that (or a similar ati video card) in order for it to function well. A mid to higher end processor offering, I'd say an 80gb or larger hard drive and have separate folders for your separate eq sessions. Other than that I'm not sure how much it matters as they're all going to be networkable, etc.

eqisdead

Portables and EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back