• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Point me in the right direction please... (1 Viewer)

gardenia

RedCents
Ok...i read the .pdf that gives an excellent description..I don't know if its because there is so much stuff I am missing a few things...but a little advice would probably help greatly.

Downloaded MacroQuest!! and it works!!! (got to see tons of stuff on my map...see what classes people with anon were...it was exciting!!)

I understand that I can copy/paste macros right from the board...save them with a .mac extension in my macros folder that is inside of MacroQuest.

I start to lose it a little here...

I don't have a compiler (working on getting one).....I was having trouble loading the plugin of MQ2doCrack .....so I read some more and created an MQ2DoCrack.ini (and placed it in with the macroquest executable).....but I am unsure at that point of what to do? For a docrack do I need a .DLL in additon to having an entry in that MQ2DoCrack.ini to start that DLL, or am I just way off base....

I copied docrack codes off the website....one said it was the source, so I knew I could not use that without the compiler...the other said it was the ini...so that is where I got the idea that after you compile the source that you still need an *.ini entry to start it??

I don't know...I am a little confused now.

You have a mq2docrack.dll and a mq2docrack.ini.
When in game /plugin mq2docrack. That will load the plugin.
Then do a /docrack list. That will list all the cracks in the ini.
Then its pick a crack from that list.
/docrack nostun on. That will turn the nostun crack on.

I downloaded that last macroquest (one after nov 16th)...and it did not have the mq2docrack.dll / .ini ...should it off?

and once I have those and I wanted to add to them I would have to download the ini entry for it along with the .dll for that offset?

Thanks man...

Go to the EQ1 Strategies & Cheats and download one of the precomiles. It will have the Mq2docrack.dll and the Mq2docrack.ini. If there isn't a Mq2docrack.ini just make one and paste the info from the offset list into there. Cade's is the one I use when i'm lazy and don't compile my own. The booby compile looked ok. I haven't done any testing of the Ndawg one yet. It's up to you what you want to use. I don't trust anything untill I can have some idea that its safe to run.

Also you said you downloaded and it worked fine but that you don't have a compiler. If you downloaded from here and it didn't have a Mq2docrack.dll check that release again the people who do precompiles update them often with working Plugins. If you download MQ2 and compile from Macroquest site it won't have the source for Mq2docrack since they shun active hacks.

Wow...all I can say is ...wow...actually I can say more...thanks everyone for their help....

I have NEVER been helped so quickly in my life off of boards...I am up and running now...went to a zone just to try these things out...I actually zoned!!! all by myself!!! (hey..this is a big thing for someone who has a melee...and has always dreamed of being able to do stuff like this!!).

Thanks ALL!!

I made sure I was by myself in the zone...I don't think I will do anything flashy ever....its just a neat thing...in the end i just want a good macro or 2 to get my exp :)

also a Quick reference quide to getting started is posted in guides section..

if there is more that needs to be added.. PM me.. and i will keep adding to it..

I basically want to give a noob to the site... the quick down and dirty on how to get started..

we keep seeing the same questions over and over... so trying to help minimize that 8-)

The guild was great really...within the first half hour of trying anything I had the updated macroquest running...and trying out all the cool things it has.

It was also descriptive about the /docracks....but I was a little fuzzy still on the implementation side of it...I might be wrong, but I think the guild said you just need a compiled .DLL (of course unless you have a compiler)...and put it in the main directory...but after reading posts from the boards here it seems you need an .ini entry for that .DLL in additon? I might of just missed it in the guide.

The other thing I was going to ask was about Macros...I understand what Macros are in nature......but when I see some melee macros posted I am unsure of where to start them...I know HOW to start them,...but would I not need a very specific starting point? I saw one on the boards that was very clear...think it was the one on V. Peak....but the rest usually don't have an exact starting point (at least I don't think)...

The ini's come with the files or are generated by the files. You can just add things or take things out of them if you like by looking at this site and seeing what all you can put in them.

Macros sometimes have a definite starting point like "Be in front of such and such with all bags open" or "be in this zone when you start this macro" . A lot of the melee macros loop infinitely and can be setup while not melee'ing etc. Some of the melee *plugins* you can setup the skills you want to use and then whenever autoattack is on, it will begin automating your skills. There are some macro's that are fully or partially automated, just try starting them and see what they do. Worst come to worst for melee macro's, you'll have to /endmac it

| <--- is a ignore function of macroquest...

usually it is remarks made by the creator of a macro or people who have updated it.

It usually includes special instructions pertaining to the macro.

some of the macros when they are posted.. have the special instructions in the initial post.. and not in the macro .. but most of the updated ones have special instructions in the macro .. in the first few lines

8-)

Point me in the right direction please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back