• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Plugin Request (1 Viewer)

LordMage

RedCents
10¢
I'm looking for a plugin that will notify me if someone zones in to a zone. Or possibly a macro line I can add in to another macro

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
 /declare PCCounter int outer  ${SpawnCount[PC]}

:Loop
/if (${SpawnCount[PC]}>${PCCounter}) {
   /popup Someone just zoned in!
} else {
  /varset PCCounter int outer  ${SpawnCount[PC]}
}
/delay 5
/goto :Loop

/return

Wouldn't you want to take out that else statement, so that once it tells you that somebody zones in, it'll set the PCCounter as the new number of people in the zone? The way you have it now, if somebody zones in, I don't think that it will change the PCCounter value. As a result, PCCounter will continue to be 1 less than ${SpawnCount[PC]}, and will keep giving you the popup that somebody just zoned in until somebody zones out and these two values are equal.

I've done a bit of programming, but am new to plugins, so if my logic is wrong here, please let me know where. I'm trying to get the hang of it, but will take some time and practice.

Logic is correct, my concept is to normally exit the macro processing on key events. The throw together using "popup" was just an example of where to place the handling.

My bad for not clarifying the intent :)

Quick and easy, not complete. This is just an outline, fine tune it for your needs (disclaimer over)

Rich (BB code):
Sub PCInZoneCheck
  /if (!${Defined[PCCounter]}) /declare PCCounter int outer ${SpawnCount[PC]}

/if (${SpawnCount[PC]}>${PCCounter}) {
      /call <whatever handler sub you want>
      /beep
  }
  /varset PCCounter ${SpawnCount[PC]}
  /delay 5
/return

Use where ya want by adding "/call PCInZoneCheck"

Plugin Request