• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Plugin autoloading issue on Wine/Crossover on Mac (1 Viewer)

PredUFu

RedCents
58¢
I have a non-conventional setup, I run wine/Crossover on Mac, that may be contributing to this issue but... My plugin setup will not save. I first setup MQ2 and load the set of plugin I want to use then logout. When I start the apps again nothing loads, including autologin. If I log one account in then load the plugins everything works as expected. Any idea how to persist the settings or why my settings are persisting?

Solution
the macroquest.ini is where it decides what stuff to have loaded or not

under the [Plugins] section
pluginblah=1 would make "pluginblah" be loaded
pluginblah=0 would make "pluginblah not be loaded

doing a /plugin pluginblah would load it (and set your macroquest.ini to =1)
doing a /plugin pluginblah noauto would load it (and not change the setting in your macroquest.ini)

can you check that write permissions are working on your macroquest.ini
the macroquest.ini is where it decides what stuff to have loaded or not

under the [Plugins] section
pluginblah=1 would make "pluginblah" be loaded
pluginblah=0 would make "pluginblah not be loaded

doing a /plugin pluginblah would load it (and set your macroquest.ini to =1)
doing a /plugin pluginblah noauto would load it (and not change the setting in your macroquest.ini)

can you check that write permissions are working on your macroquest.ini

Solution
This issue keeps happening. Its like the config is rewritten periodically. I have made a backup and copy paste the config. But just and update.

@Nikkoli I do have MQ running in the same bottle as EQ. I always get an error about accessing the registry but it works. I haven't gotten the redguide loader to run and just launch MQ2 directly, run a command optoin in crossover. Loading dannet also crashes or locks up EQ. I haven't attempted to debug that at all.

Problem - Plugin autoloading issue on Wine/Crossover on Mac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back