• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Please stop with the combo-plugins. (1 Viewer)

Cosmic

RedCents
30¢
I would appreciate it if people would stop making combo plugins out of the various plugins posted.

Please read the manifesto on making plugins over on the MQ2 boards.

The first item:

1) Keep plugins small! Having one plugin that does everything pretty much defeats the purpose of making the whole MQ system modular. If your plugin performs several different functions (I'll use auth as an example here, sorry bro: runs any exe file, and controls winamp... those are two seperate functions, and should be two plugins) split it up.

When I posted that my code was freely available for re-use, that was meant for re-use by a developer who wanted to improve on a piece of it or use a piece of it to improve their own code.

It was never an offer to cut and paste it directly into a plugin with your own name on it. This just makes it harder to maintain for everyone.

Thanks for listening
-piggy

When I sold my hacks I would put them all in one plugin simply because when I would add a new feature, it would be easier for the end user to already have it in their MQ2 INI rather than have extra time explaining it after every addition.

Please stop with the combo-plugins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back