• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Planes of Power II (1 Viewer)

JoeDeltona

RedCents
731¢
Hey all, I just had this thought that the next EQ Expansion will be Planes of Power II with all the same planes upgraded, and new trials to get past first tier and level up to 130. Would you like that type of expansion?

Last edited:
at the time of PoPs release i was just over 20 years old, just gotten out of my military service and had the time to play non-stop, which meant i didnt miss any raids and if i for some reason did, did my roommate boxed me on my computer so i could get the flag. Today im 43, have a full time job and wife and 2 kids. i dont have time to do the flagging all over again.

that being said, if i could explore all the zones without having to raid id like that alot.

at the time of PoPs release i was just over 20 years old, just gotten out of my military service and had the time to play non-stop, which meant i didnt miss any raids and if i for some reason did, did my roommate boxed me on my computer so i could get the flag. Today im 43, have a full time job and wife and 2 kids. i dont have time to do the flagging all over again.

that being said, if i could explore all the zones without having to raid id like that alot.
Yeah I was picturing the current model in PoP zones, not having to do all those flags again. Especially since they just made us do them again for the Artisan's Prize

True, I did not think about the raids i guess its been too long. Flagging is a bad idea.

It's unlikely they will do a PoP II any time soon. The Burning Lands, while still some years back, was their adjacent PoP rework (alongside Planes of Prophecy in EQ2). They seem to want to get out of rehash mode now (we had revamped Kunark, Luclin, Velious, PoP) with Laurion. I imagine that the 2025 expac will be a continuation of LS at 125 given the expansion opportunity of the Inn. A PoP rework isn't something I would rule out. But highly unlikely given TBL proximity and direction they seem to want to go.

It's unlikely they will do a PoP II any time soon. The Burning Lands, while still some years back, was their adjacent PoP rework (alongside Planes of Prophecy in EQ2). They seem to want to get out of rehash mode now (we had revamped Kunark, Luclin, Velious, PoP) with Laurion. I imagine that the 2025 expac will be a continuation of LS at 125 given the expansion opportunity of the Inn. A PoP rework isn't something I would rule out. But highly unlikely given TBL proximity and direction they seem to want to go.
I had a thought about the Inn expansion thing a while back that your comment reminded me of. I could see them turning the Inn into a new PoK-style zone as a launching pad for the next generation of content, including vendors for 90-125 spells and such, zone connections to PoK and a ton of other zones (it already has this setup with the doors), etc. They'd have to re-vamp it a bit, but I could see it happening.

Just like movie remakes, this likely wouldn't be well received by all.

If anything, they should create an expansion surrounding a set of new epic weapons. This , I think. would be better received.

Just like movie remakes, this likely wouldn't be well received by all.

If anything, they should create an expansion surrounding a set of new epic weapons. This , I think. would be better received.
New epics would be great. They struggle to even get basic expansions out the door at this stage though. I'd be concerned about their ability to effectively get something as complex as epics out again with their current team without dragging heavily on what they are already struggling to deliver. Guild TS depot, mess personas were still at launch, C/P gear. Epics would be great, bring back that class identity feel though. Confidence they could pull it off?? Ehhhhh.

Good idea though!

I would be down with a LS continuation. It seemed very short to me, especially with just two missions. The thing with personas that really gets me is the storing of your gear on whatever persona is active...I love the idea of keeping your flags...but dude you need a "wardrobe" slot or something to keep all the gear for each one out of the bags for the others.

I would say that my favourite time in EQ was during the PoP era. We raided the planes and killed some Gods...

That was until I had to do the flagging requirements on a character for the Artisan's prize and it made me realise how parts of it just plain sucked. Now I'm not even sure if I still like it all, nevermind if it was my favourite. Rose-tinted spectacles possibly?

The biggest gripe I always had with PoP was that it peaked too soon - we were killing Gods! How do you beat that? Answer: You can't and we now have rabbits, crocodiles, birds etc. that do more damage in a single round than Gods. Looking back, it was a short-sighted view on how mudflation would age the content.

IRL - Planes of Power II

Users who are viewing this thread

Back