• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Places to skillup (1 Viewer)

TeachersPet

RedCents
51¢
I need to skillup Riposte, Block, Defense, etc... on a monk. That's the only drawback of PLing. Anyone know any good spots?

fighting pets is still best that I have had yet. Just find someone with a pet class that has pet hold. Get them to cast a lower lvl pet that will not drop you, haste it, then let it go to town for awhile.

Use a low level pet with the best pet haste + mage summoned haste and you should be good to go. The level of NPCs attacking doesn't affect the skill up on PCs. IE. you can raise dodge on a 70 toon by going against level 1 mobs. (Not tested, but I've seen skill ups on ex-green mobs before the recent con system change)

I say the best thing to do is round of lots of little trash mobs in noob zones and let them whack on the monk for a bit. The more hits incoming, the greater the chance for a defensive skill up.

in tower of frozen shadows on the library section, there is a spot with a fallen over book case ( atleast i think its that ) and its a trap that hits you for 40 dmg tops. stand there afk and boom max defense skill ups. you will see the trap laying next to it.

well i tried this on my 75 to see if it still worked. didnt hit me maybe im to high. i used to do it on a lvl 55

Hi All,

There used to be a quest mob named Erandi Natasu who stands right around the outside of the warrens zone in paineel. Go to tox forest head into paineel and towards warrens zone line..he used to stand there by the pool. I don't know about now, but a few years ago, you could attack him and he fought you hand to hand, hitting in the 40s... he has a harm touch since he is an sk...so after he hts you, root him then back up and heal then reengage...i skilled up my hand to hand and a lot of weapons skills to max on him.. he is level 40, so at 50 or so, he still conned blue. Don't know if he still works, or if he is gray to you particularly, but worth mentioning. He was well known at the time and mentioned on all the strat sites..so maybe its been nerfed. I guess I will check it out next time I am in game.

Cheers,
Melon

TeachersPet said:
I need to skillup Riposte, Block, Defense, etc... on a monk. That's the only drawback of PLing. Anyone know any good spots?
get a mage to summon a pet and duel you (pet needs to be at least green or highe) and fight the pet, get a healer to heal you and the pet. all your offensive skills/defensive skills will go up. btw make a macro for all of the monk abilities and you're golden.

get a bard, zone to akheva let him run around spawning all the traps and train the entire zone twards you, DA then drop the train on you with fade.
that about does it for defence, for melee attack can afk that on any pet class' pet.

Will skill-ups occur if the mobs are unable to swing at you? I mean, if you don't see the messages about the mobs missing you, how will you skill-up?

I've already got my Feign Death, Mend and Strikes/Kicks levelled up, just worried about my defensive stuff.

Just play your toon as normal and don't tell anyone you're gimp! :)

But seriously, that Erandi Natasu(sp?) works well if you're in your 50's. Otherwise just hire a Cleric and go to an appropriate level zone, but make it old world content because the mobs tend to hit for less. Fight green mobs only, because that is the lowest they can be before they stop counting towards skill-ups, and anything higher is just a waste of the Cleric's mana.

Get a cleric... Get a cleric macro... Aggro as many green mobs as the cleric can handle healing. Start the macro and AFK... (Duck so you don't riposte) Any healer will do, if you don't have that... Then get some potions and set up a macro to use potions :D

there used to be an NPC inside the castle deal to the left of the entrance in poinnovation that would let you melee on it. not sure if that still works though

Places to skillup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back