• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

pet heal (1 Viewer)

exxy

RedCents
I am sorry if this is wrong format or forum, first time posting and new member. I have tried healer mac and shmbot mac. Is there a way to have those macs to heal group member’s pets? And maybe have pet set to ma? I usually have a pet tanking. The healer mac has the option to heal pet but I have been unable to get it to heal group member’s pets. yes I have tried the search and have had no luck with it, any help will be great. thankyou

I had a bitch of a time getting my pets targetted, especially if it was a Beastlord pet. Here is an excerpt from my a Cleric healbot macro that's been passed around here that works with pets. It is not a complete macro, it just shows you how to get your pets targetted as it cycles through your entire party to monitor everyone's health:

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
/echo Healbot started
/declare j int outer 0
/declare plee[6] string outer
/varset plee[1] "PlayertoonName1"
/varset plee[2] "PlayertoonName2"
/varset plee[3] "PlayertoonName3"
/varset plee[4] pc Beatlord
/varset plee[5] pet Beastlord
/varset plee[6] "Kabantik"

:loop
/if (${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Mount.ID}) /sit
/doevents
/if (${Me.PctHPs}<20) {
/call cast "Divine Barrier" gem7
}
/for j 1 to 6
/target ${plee[${j}]}
/if (${Target.PctHPs}<50) {
/call cast "Sacred Remedy" gem1 2s
}
/next j
/goto :loop
/return

OK, where it says PlayerToonName1, change that to the name of someone in your party. Say you have a Beastlord named Jones in your party, replace...

pc Beastlord

with

pc Jones

Also, change the line /varset plee[5] pet Beastlord with /varset plee[5] pet Jones ...just for example.

This will allow you to cycle through the entire party including both the Beastlord and the Beastlord's pet.

Now, I have tried to use the pet and then a player's name for my necro and mage pets, but it didn't work. Here is an example of what I triedwith a mage whom I shall call Hippy:

/varset plee[5] pet Hippy

For whatever reason, it never works for me. So, I have to manually change the varset name to the proper name of the mage's pet...like Goner, Kabantik, etc. So, it will look like this if the pet's name is Kabantik:

/varset plee[6] "Kabantik"

Yes, you need the quotes there...you need quotes for any proper name. No quotes are needed if you use pc TOON or pet TOON syntax.

OK, that is the overview of how you will need to change the macro to include your pet. I think the issue with beastlord pets is that they are not randomly generated...they are the Beastlord's first name then `s warder. Even when I tried to put "Beastlord`s warder" in the quotation marks, it didn't target the Beastlord pet. So, just use pet Beastlordsname when you have a Beastlord in your party and it will target his or her pet.

Good luck!

Just an an aside, here is a little macro that will allow you monitor the health of the pet if it is main tank. Be aware, this macro will lock your target box with the pet's name and you will have to end the macro if you want to do anything else like cast on a mob. This will cast your heal spell when the pet's health gets under 40%:

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main
	/echo Healbot macro started

|/declare Plee String Outer ${Target.ID}

:loop
/doevents
/if (${Me.Casting.ID}) /goto :loop
/target "Goner"

/if (${Target.PctHPs}<40) {
/goto :heal
} else {
}

:heal
/doevents
/cast 1
/doevents
/doevents
/if (${Me.Standing} && !${Me.Mount.ID}) /sit
}

Make sure your first gem spell is your heal spell. Change the part "Goner" to the name of your pet with quotes around it. I just tried to use /target pet SPELLCASTERNAME but it didn't work, as usual. If you want to increase or decrease the health percentage at which your pet gets healed, change the number 40 to whatever you want your pet to get healed at.

If this is all you want to do (monitor your pet's health and heal it automatically when it gets to a per-determined health level), I suggest making two macros in EQ. The first would be:

/mac petheal

The second would be:

/endmacro

Whenever you want to do anything but monitor the pet's health and auto heal it, you'd want to hit the second macro to take care of whatever business you need to take care of.

Good luck!

pet heal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back