• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Personal Tribute Choices by Class (1 Viewer)

RedCents
21¢
I am looking for information on personal tribute choices on all/any classes at the 120 Live level. I am not fluent in the stacking of abilities and I know others are very knowledgeable!

I understand that there are 2 differents levels of gear effects, group and raid. What I am looking for is some guidance on which personal tribute choices are beneficial or useless at the 120 Live group gear level by class.

Thanks anyone for their input!

Great question! I just learned about the personal tribute thing. I always used personal trophies but for some reason I had a mental block to never even see the personal tribute options. Had a guildy tell me what to picked. Would love to learn more about each option since I just did what he said.

Looking forward to parsing my next raid run to see the difference.

Last edited:
The biggest tip I can give is to make sure you go to options and on the "General" screen, in the lower right click on "Tribute log out auto off" and "Trophy Tribute log out auto off"

When the boxes are checked and you log off then it will turn off your tribute so you don't eat up all your tribute favor after a hard day's raiding/playing.

I wish they would bring back the one for mercs but that one only works if you do the auto afk thing.

generally speaking, any tribute is classified as a "Worn Effect" ie something you get because you're wearing gear with the stated effect. Worn Effects do not stack cumulatively. In the case of multiple effects of the same type, you get the value of only the strongest effect present. So anything that is "reduce the cast time of XYZ", "Reduces mana cost of ABC", "Increases damage of disease/fire/ice spells" or something along those lines, none of the tributes will stack with what is already standard on most gear at 120. And generally, current gear is better, so the tribute versions are useless. These things were more useful at lower levels when gear did not come standard with all of the worn effects.

Things that add to statistics (str, sta, dex, etc.) can stack up to the worn stat cap. At 120 in modern gear, you will be well above the worn stat cap already so there is no reason to use tribute on base stats. Heroic stats, however, continue to increase, so boosting your core heroic stats is a good choice. Likewise, anything that boosts regen (hp or mana) will stack up to the cap which is still in play. Resist stats are already way over cap, so no tribute options there.

Things like flurry rate and triple attack are still in play. As are atk and accuracy.

Generally, you get the best worn effect combined with the best buff effect and the best song effect active on your character. So all of these tribute options go into that Worn Effect category.

Second Chance (avoid death) is a good choice regardless of class as there isn't anything that conflicts with it and it's a unique effect that is hard to find elsewhere (cleric DI buff not withstanding). Second Chance does not conflict with DI either, both can trigger independently. However, if there's a point at which you REALLY want to die, don't have trib running.

generally speaking, any tribute is classified as a "Worn Effect" ie something you get because you're wearing gear with the stated effect. Worn Effects do not stack cumulatively. In the case of multiple effects of the same type, you get the value of only the strongest effect present. So anything that is "reduce the cast time of XYZ", "Reduces mana cost of ABC", "Increases damage of disease/fire/ice spells" or something along those lines, none of the tributes will stack with what is already standard on most gear at 120. And generally, current gear is better, so the tribute versions are useless. These things were more useful at lower levels when gear did not come standard with all of the worn effects.

Things that add to statistics (str, sta, dex, etc.) can stack up to the worn stat cap. At 120 in modern gear, you will be well above the worn stat cap already so there is no reason to use tribute on base stats. Heroic stats, however, continue to increase, so boosting your core heroic stats is a good choice. Likewise, anything that boosts regen (hp or mana) will stack up to the cap which is still in play. Resist stats are already way over cap, so no tribute options there.

Things like flurry rate and triple attack are still in play. As are atk and accuracy.

Generally, you get the best worn effect combined with the best buff effect and the best song effect active on your character. So all of these tribute options go into that Worn Effect category.

Second Chance (avoid death) is a good choice regardless of class as there isn't anything that conflicts with it and it's a unique effect that is hard to find elsewhere (cleric DI buff not withstanding). Second Chance does not conflict with DI either, both can trigger independently. However, if there's a point at which you REALLY want to die, don't have trib running.
This. Tribute, unless its specific Heroics, or triggered effects it useless in moden game (exception is dot haste).

This is great! Thanks for the confirmation of my assumptions!

I do the hStats, HP/Mana/AC depending on the class and the Delay Death ability. As so well described above, the worn effects dont stack so they are generally useless.
There are a couple of exceptions to this, while they don't stack, two of them are better than even worn raid foci

Visions of Suffering = 23% Dot mana pres
Twinge of Pain = 33% Dot spell haste

Personal Tribute Choices by Class

Users who are viewing this thread

Back