• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Pathing Bug for Fear Kiting? (1 Viewer)

tradertesla

RedCents
80¢
Lemme know--anybody--via post or PM if you find a pathing bug where a feared mob will get stuck endlessly on the geometry while trying to run away (esp. in a Level 60+ area). I'm itching to try that one, and I've heard there are such places. Need coordinates, though, or a good landmark.

I have seen posts before on this (elsewhare, I think) but no one ever says exactly how to find them.

'preciete any help...

Mochila,

Your lucky a glitch on my computer just wiped my response. Let me try to be a bit more civil this time.

[deleted flame]

For others who might read this thread, don't go there. Guard Lennon was DB to me at 65, but severely undercon. He hits for 6K and well, my Bard has 5K hit points. It's really kind of funny, and I did get to explore a zone that I hadn't spent much time in before--follow by a summon/res. Coincidentally, Guard Lennon is exactly where you-know-who suggested to go. Nothing else there to speak of.

[deleted flame]

Better yet, admin please delete this thread since it contains nothing of value. Does Redguides have the equivalent of a /ignore command?

[WTF, no point in lowering myself to his level...]

Last edited:
What level are you trade? Maybe it works for him at 70, or maybe you were not at the right spot. I personally don’t have a fear kitter character so I can’t say either way. I do know some of these exploits take practice. (I don’t know how many times I died on hides quest b4 I figured it out) And mochilla said he would turn in a reckless MQer to save the community. Not just any MQer. I just say give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do know that with my beastlord I would use the flash of light spell (blind and they run. Kind of ghetto fear kite) in POV. Don’t know what the camp is but I can try and get some locs for you. They don’t get stuck or anything but lots of room to work there. I soled POValor from like lvl 60 with this trick. I died a lot perfecting it but the end rewards were nice. Ill ask a necro friend of mine to try the strat out that mochilla talks about. Or maybe its been nerfed since then. Who knows….

there are many other guards that are pullable to this graveyard other than the one that tko'ed him, although they are for lvl 50ish characters

Well, I'll concede that my information was a little out of context. Mochila wrote...

Secondly, if I knew any of your characters names, I'd send in a petition without ever seeing you macro...

Which is clearly a threat to all of us. I was scanning that thread quickly and failed to scan over the next part...

...Capt, since you apparently love to live reckless with MQ2 and have a shitty attitude to begin with

So it was a personal attack, not a general statement. My mistake.

Still, there is only one guard in the whole graveyard that isn't green at 65, and it sits exactly where the suggestion to "camp" is, and I have not yet played at level 70 but it seems to me a 6K yard-trash hitter that undercons DB at 65 is something anyone would consider important. Properly warned I might be able to take him out, don't know.

It smells like a setup, looks like a setup, and killed me an instant--like any good ambush.

All I lost was some time and exp, which happens often anyway. There is no large damage, and the whole thing is kinda funny once I get the cursing out of my system. My objective was to warn others and give the offender a well-deserved jab for the malicious setup.

If anyone ever confirms the pathing situation in the graveyard then I will send Mochila a personal and a public apology and delete my comments if possible.

Having said that, I have no plans to visit the graveyard again anytime soon. :rolleyes:

Pathing Bug for Fear Kiting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back