• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - "Passive" Conditions inside EQ Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

FriedFryz

RedCents
252¢
I've been looking through the page and can't really find an answer so I figured i'd open it up to the possibility of someone else knowing.

When I raid, I use ISboxer and multibinds inside EQ to press all of my keys, with that being said I've been exploring options to incorporating MQ conditionals into my game to make those keypresses smarter when not using KissAssist / CWTN plugins.

I don't know YAML and I do not understand Lua at this moment, but I know eventually that's my best choice to handle this , I just don't understand it and I don't want to become a burden with questions.

1641565279803.png

The example above is a snip of the Discord I use to keep my stuff organized , and I put these on hotkeys and incorporate those keys into my multibind spam in ISboxer.

The problem I have is, I can manually click all of these and they fire off as intended, but if I try to use them on my bind key, the won't fire it's like it just skips them.

Does any one in the world do this? Am I the only weirdo that wants to fine tune my toons and have 100% control?

I know MQ2Melee is the easy obvious choice, but that would require me to have faith in Melee, and I don't.

Thanks for any and all help or suggestions.

When you say bind are you talking about a multi bind? In EQ these would just be hotkeys and you’re at the mercy of hotkey processing.

You’re right that Lua is the way to go, so I would suggest — just post your questions. Posts can be ignored, so I don’t ever see questions as a burden.

I have commands in hotkeys for things like taunting, but only if a non-tank class is on agro, and for casting, but only if the spell is registering as ready to cast.

EQ does not like multiple socials on a multibind. It works much better if you have only a single social multibound to other individual discs, spells and AAs placed on a hotbar.
This would seem to answer the issue because it works on my zerker (one to keep Buttressed Frenzy up) but my bard is nothing but socials on spam key because everything they have is situational.

I've already kind of embarked on the Lua method and will see where I land on that.

Thanks for the response Many

Question - "Passive" Conditions inside EQ Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back