• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Paladin Hotkeys and Rotation (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,054¢
Basically I'm looking for suggestions on what you Paladins do for the following set up.

What's on your spam button?
What's on your burn button?
What's your standard spell rotation?

Is there an item that's a must have?

I've recently added a Pally, current level 111

There's around 20 KA ini's for paladin between 110 and 120. Look at a few and see what perks your attention. Look at DPS and Burn sections. I understand your 111 but the higher ones are just for reference. You can always use lower level of thier listed spells.

Basically I'm looking for suggestions on what you Paladins do for the following set up.

Definitely check out some INIs to figure out your burns and other clicks. For the most part as a Paladin, you're spamming your spell that damages your target and heals target of target, stuns, and potentially your other nukes. Most important thing for burn is Pureforge disc for damage, if you're tanking then there's a long list of Oh-Shit button you'll have to go through, Armor of the Inquisitor is probably our strongest however.

In raids then I'm just spamming heals off CD, unless I'm tanking in which case it's heals in-between aggro builds. Mastering your splash heal is essential and pretty simple. If you have your xtar setup correctly then you should just see when there's AOE that goes out to properly time the twincast splash.

Regardless, take a look at INIs in the library to see what you should be using specifically. I've found that for Paladin I didn't really have a single spam button, but I definitely have a couple oh-shit and heal buttons that each have like 4-5 AA/spell/discs each.

Last edited:

spam buttons... i multibind for healing (Burst of Sunspring, Avowed light, Burst of Dawnbreak)
have Angst up for emergency
for Nukes i multibind (crush of the heroic, Chastise, Crush of the Wayunder, Brilliant Denouncement)
if tanking and need it chain cast stuns works great.
Burning buttons.. not undead is(Pureforge Discipline, Righteous Censure, Reflexive Redemption, Valor rage, Inquisitor's Judgment, Thunder of Karana, Spire Chivalry, Glyph if you want to..)
items to have (Shrink, Epic doesnt do much i have it to boost DPS a little. Rage of Rolfron)
If undead juse holyforge Discipline instead of pureforge discipline, and us Vanquish Fallen.
hope this helps you. heals start to heal targets target so you dont have to swap targets to heal the tank. yourself or someone else.

spam buttons... i multibind for healing (Burst of Sunspring, Avowed light, Burst of Dawnbreak)
for Nukes i multibind (crush of the heroic, Chastise, Crush of the Wayunder, Brilliant Denouncement)
Burning buttons.. not undead is(Pureforge Discipline, Righteous Censure, Reflexive Redemption, Valor rage, Inquisitor's Judgment, Thunder of Karana, Spire Chivalry, Glyph if you want to..)
items to have (Shrink, Epic doesnt do much i have it to boost DPS a little. Rage of Rolfron)
If undead juse holyforge Discipline instead of pureforge discipline, and us Vanquish Fallen.
hope this helps you. heals start to heal targets target so you dont have to swap targets to heal the tank. yourself or someone else.
Good specificity with the names that I was unwilling to source. <3

Do you also have a button for when things go sideways? Popping a bunch of defense?

what i find best is to organize Disc by timer and look at the highest in each timer to see if its useable for me.. then do AA's but timer as well just so i look at everything. i do that with all classes.

This is pretty much what I do. I don't main my Paladin, and I know he isn't optimized or hyper-efficient; I'm not taking the time to tweak everything across my entire crew every 2-3 months for a TLP expansion unlock.

@cintile - here is my level 100 Paladin INI, you may get some ideas from it? https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/100-paladin-rain-of-fear.3083/

My personal Mash/Spam key consists of:
Force of Disruption AA
Gird/Thwart/Repudiate/etc disc
Protective line
Disruption line
Burst line
Force (0 damage stun) line
Wave line (group heal)

On raids I remove Force and Wave (I move it down 1 slot to be manually cast as needed) and add 2x Crush spells for DD/aggro generation.

I keep up the following short-duration buffs:
Preservation
Stance
Steely
Blessing (removing it if we're in a raid with low-intelligent adds which are overly attracted to the healing procs, such as Shadow of my Shadow, Mean Streets, Klandicar, and so on)

My burn setup is as follows:
Valorous Rage
Inquisitor's Judgement
Epic
Spire
Thunder of Karana (if we have some spells going off, it's generally better DPS to not cast anything except for instants (FoD))
Pureforge if normal mobs, Holyforge if undead and then roll to Pureforge
Righteous (disc, does not stack with Blunted Blade, so use it now and roll to Blunted after Pureforge is over)
Make sure to have your 2h'er equipped.
...and use Reflexive after that's all going.

You can tank with this setup as well if you have SK epic or Spirit Drinker's coating active, and if mob hits are a problem ensure you have Armor of the Inquisitor and/or Glyph of Dragon Scales active. If you have a problem with aggro generation, click off Inquisitor's Judgement as there's a de-aggro proc associated with it.

In terms of "must have" items, the 2 clickies from Darklight mercs are nice, your BP click it a must, and the Anguish BP is another click when that one fades. Your geomantra click from your charm. Feather/Horn for unity HME regen + DS clicks (rotate these with your group). Mother's Love (anniversary quest) has a rune click which is nice for both aggro generation as well as a defensive buffer when using your two-handed weapon. Your epic 1.5/2.0 is a nice-to-have item but is not required.

Discussion - Paladin Hotkeys and Rotation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back