• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

PA (1 Viewer)

kaneda86

RedCents
is something jacked up with playerauctions or is it just me. cant seem to send emails or get any tech support. chat is down, 24 email has no response for last 24 hours and message boards have access denied. any ideas?

kaneda86 said:
is something jacked up with playerauctions or is it just me. cant seem to send emails or get any tech support. chat is down, 24 email has no response for last 24 hours and message boards have access denied. any ideas?

In addition to the above, I also can't bid on auctions, which is probably a sign from above, but what the hell.

Yep got this for a reply from one of them

We are aware of the problem and our programming department is working on it. If you need to get in touch with another user regarding a completed auction, please reply with the item number and we can provide the registered email address of the other user.

Thank you,
Dawn

[email protected]

I am shocked you actually got a reply from them.

Ever since IGE bought out PA, they have gone down the crapper completely.
I would be amazed if they spend more than 30mins a month working on the site if that.

Let's see, PA forums have been disabled for a year (more likely they just broke and they didn't bother fixing them).
Their messaging system is broken more often than not. E-mail notification is a rare beast. Oh, not to mention ocassional virus injected into their pages (whoever figured that must have made a pretty coin).

Worst thing is, there is no real alternative for selling EQ stuff. Every few months a new site with nice design will come out to slowly wither away due to lack of people finding the site.

PA is the king still because of the listings AND their ratings in search engines. Buyers come to PA, that's what counts.

Of course eBay would be the king if they allowed EQ sales.
I suppose one could try making up a throwaway eBay account and try to sell something before they ban you.

Off topic but how do people get away on selling WoW junk on eBay, they must make new accounts every few months?

The problem with doing that on eBay is that we all know that EQ sales are banned on eBay...so nobody would be looking there.

WoW is not owned by Sony. Sony sent their lawyers after eBay and demanded they not sell their "intellectual property" on their website. Blizzard could give a crap...and I doubt they have the legal power (or money) to force eBay execs into a corner like Sony can.

They just don't give a fuck, check out some emails I sent to them;
I said:
Your website is very buggy for me I can't access
my auctions or sell anything. I would liek to know
when you plan to fix this.
Thanks

They replied:
The "My Auctions" section of the site is down. We
> > have notified our site administrator and we are
> > working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any
> > inconvenience.
> >
> > In the meantime, you may see a list of your
> current
> > and recently completed auctions by searching under
> > your username. If you need to get in touch with a
> > winning bidder, please reply with the item number
> of
> > the auction they won and we can provide their
> > registered email address.
> >
> >
>
http://www.playerauctions.com/search/index.cfm?toshow=seller
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Dawn
> > PA Support

I replied back:
I'd like to be able to sell my account. How much
longer till it works again?

They replied:
We have no ETA at this time.
>
> Thank you,
> Dawn

I finally am able to sell now but I was at their mercy because there aren't other popular sites.

Since eBaying has been verbed, lot of people think of eBay first when they think of looking for Everquest since not everyone is aware of Playerauctions.

About the legal stuff, eBay has a VeRO program,
http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-vero-ov.html
basically any company which can prove rights to any particular product, can control what kind of auctions go on at eBay. Sony has been a member of that program for a long time (at least 6 years).

It does work on a combination of snitching (other users telling on you) and filters(ie eBay softare looking for particular word combinations), so you can (or at least used to ) be able to get away with putting some auctions about Everquest on eBay before your account got banned.

Blizzard also has stated a couple of times that they are against RMT (real money trades) so they must be on VeRO program as well. I remember reading a few times how bunch of eBay accounts were closed because of WoW sales, only for the same sellers to be back on within days. So it is selective enforcement at best.

Problem with VGauctions is precisely that of what I've seen of many other sites like that before. Listings yes, but no regular Joe Regular user buyers.

Basically that site is for macroers by macroers... :) Heh, they even have a link on Abyss site.

If sites like that are to suceed they have to convert regular EQ players somehow. Not sure how that is possible seeing that major traffic bringing forums are all owned either by IGE or are run by anti-selling fundies like eqtraders.

/why yes I am feeling bitter tonight

looks like dawn is the service rep to get at PA. i got Sean S and he didnt even say i could get the email for the user lol. sent 2 emails and got the same response to both.

The Player Auctions email system is currently down. The programming department
is working to fix the problem, we apologize for the inconvenience, thank you.

Sean S.
Player Auctions
www.playerauctions.com

as for VGauctions, its deffinately the hackers EQ auction site. at first all they had selling were plugins and such. had 2 accounts and plat and that was about it.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. There is a trojan embedded in the Playerauctions.com website called Anicmoo. Here is the Symantec write-up on it:

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2005-033016-0910-99

I was checking some stuff out at work when I started getting warnings. We have a pretty good firewall here and it was constantly going off that the Anicmoo.trojan was trying to do its business on my computer. Even Google lists it as a site that may harm your computer.

Anyone looking to buy plat, PL services, etc. from there might do better to check out one of the other services websites until this gets remedied.

PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back