• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Optimize Box (1 Viewer)

103nikki

RedCents
I'm wanting to change up my box to optimize it some. Right now it's been hybrid (and I'm itching for something new)

Here's what I've got at 110-115 right now:

1 ) Mage
2 ) Druid / Ranger / Bard
3 ) SK
4 ) Cleric / Rogue
5 ) Shaman / Wizard
6 ) Enchanter / Berserker

Here's what I'm thinking about keeping and leveling.

1) Level Beastlord
2) Use Bard
3) Use SK or level Warrior
4) Use Cleric or Rogue
5) Use Shaman or level Monk
6) Use Berserker

I'm debating between keeping the SK or leveling a Warrior and using Shaman or Cleric. I'm also open to all other suggestions : )

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are doing a Melee group, I would go with SK as Tank, Shaman as healer, and a Bard as CC. SK and shaman are very AA dependent. I would also go with BST instead of monk. BST will give you some added ADPS then add the rogue and zerker.

Some would even tell you to drop the zerker now after the nerf to their progressive ability. It used to hit three times when triggered but was fixed and now only hits once. As far as I know atm rogues are king of melee DPS. Rogue-> Ranger -> Zerker -> Monk. Is how I've seen it portrayed lately. Maybe I'm wrong others will correct me if I am :)

If you are doing a Melee group, I would go with SK as Tank, Shaman as healer, and a Bard as CC. SK and shaman are very AA dependent. I would also go with BST instead of monk. BST will give you some added ADPS then add the rogue and zerker.

Some would even tell you to drop the zerker now after the nerf to their progressive ability. It used to hit three times when triggered but was fixed and now only hits once. As far as I know atm rogues are king of melee DPS. Rogue-> Ranger -> Zerker -> Monk. Is how I've seen it portrayed lately. Maybe I'm wrong others will correct me if I am :)
Thank you for the helpful information : ) If I were to drop the Zerker what would you recommend?

Last edited:
I use SK, shaman, bard, rogue, BL, and mage. The mage may not be optimal for this setup but there is still a fair bit of value--pet toys/procs, coth, ...of many DPS, etc. They are all decently geared/AAd and they can handle quite a bit. I wouldn't say it's optimized but it's a pretty damn good squad.

As always, I'll mention the importance of the Rez stick for a shaman main healer.

There's a lot of flexibility with your DPS spots. Although there are "optimal" setups, the group game just isn't that challenging. I completed all NoS group content with the same group that goatmaster is running (well, still working on slayer...). The mage is definitely not optimal for that group, but I like them.

So, point is, playing classes you enjoy is far important than squeaking out a few percent more dps when you're already going to crush trash mobs in 20 seconds and names in 60 seconds. As long as the group is balanced and well automated, you're never going to lose because you chose a monk instead of a rogue or whatever.

Having said that, I think SK has a slightly easier time in group content than the War. SHM adds more to melee group then CRL as long as they have the AAs (and rez stick is very nice). Two healers isn't really needed, but you'll still be able to handle everything should you decide to keep both. MNK dps is still very serviceable. Zerkers can still put out crazy numbers. Rogues are great in ToL and NoS to a lesser extent. BST are great for any group.

I know people love bards on these forums but i would never swap out an enchanter for a bard. Enchanters are incredible. I would take less dps over not having to die. :)

IF you want optimal DPS for a melee group. I would go with SK, Sha, Bard, Bst, Rogue, Rogue.
However, Naamloseeen is correct the group content is not that difficult once geared properly and with the correct AA's. Group content is super easy and any melee dps would work well and crush content so play what you want too and what you will enjoy.

IF you want optimal DPS for a melee group. I would go with SK, Sha, Bard, Bst, Rogue, Rogue.
However, Naamloseeen is correct the group content is not that difficult once geared properly and with the correct AA's. Group content is super easy and any melee dps would work well and crush content so play what you want too and what you will enjoy.
meh, I wouldn't double up on ANY class, I would suggest a MONK over a second rogue *shrug* or a ZERK for the aura and 2nd melee synergies...

I was just thinking of using force alliance with cwtn plugins with two of the same. I actually use two zerkers atm but will probably swap one with a rogue at some point.

Thanks everyone!

It looks like I'm going with SK, MAGE, SHAM, BRD, ROG, BST. Later on I think I may make 2 more accounts for if I want to bring in 2 more melee or ranged.. I could have planned my account layout a bit better from the beginning.

A lot of great points above and I really do love the utility of my MAGE which will be even better with the BST.

A warrior as a main tank is the best, no other tank can grow hate on the enemy as good or get the AC and HP top-notch as a warrior.

SK is good and does the job great as a tank, but the warrior is just the step up at tanking.

Question - Optimize Box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back