• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - One of the top investors in EG7 calling for sale of company (1 Viewer)

Cybris

Old Timer
RedCents
2,587¢
Alta Fox who owns 6% of the stake in EG7 is requesting several things take place to boost ROI for shareholders including the sale of the Firm.

EG7 owns Daybreak.

The company said it expects to see strong revenue growth over the coming five years in part because of tactical decisions made by management last year.

Like their anti-MQ campaign that sent paying, multi-account players packing and obviously turned most live servers into ghost towns? Guess they expect growth in new, paying players to show replace the losses. 😏

I floated the idea of buying shares but quickly scrapped the idea. The broker I use wanted a "foreign settlement fee" I did not expect to make money from it anyway, was going to be more of a troll move.

one of the upsides when EG7 bought daybreak was that the EQ IP was *included for free*.. not a copyright lawyer, but pretty sure they assumed ownership of it, and WONT give up the newer stuff they have now claimed.

Alta Fox should be called Alta Fool after all they also tried to take down Hasbro chairman with similar tactics because they wanted them to spin off its Wizards of the Coast unit, which publishes "Dungeons & Dragons" and "Magic: The Gathering". Even with a new chairman they were not successful.

Alta Fox, is a firm founded by hedge fund veteran Connor Haley.

They need to make the database accesible up to live for emu or something. ( im not sure of terms with all this stuff.
i still vote private , licensed servers for boxers!
I've been calling for being able to rent fully configurable ruleset servers for years. Let the players decide which rulesets are actually best. *If* they built TLP servers right this should be fairly straightforward to offer. I'm sure there would be concerns about fragmenting the userbase but I'm also confident that some people would come up with the magical combination of rules that would have larger portions of the player base flock to a smaller number of servers while allowing players that want more of a sandbox to be able to have and do their own thing.

Not to derail the thread, but I've been missing from everything EQ (both Live and Emu) for about a year due to real life obligations. How bad are things? Basically all boxing of any sort banned now? I know when I left last that there were some healthy discussions about leaving boxers alone on non-TLP servers if they were not being disruptive. Was hoping that was still the case but maybe not.
Hi Ruby,
The fact that RG is still here and thriving, should be the real answer. Third Party software is always not allowed, but they only care if you are caught. Players that still hate the stigma of what MQ represents with all the old famous warping, instant mob kills and having every skill, etc being what some players still hold onto. While RG does not have those type exploits, many do not see any difference in flavor of MQ/third party software. Those players sometimes have a sense of self policing and notifying GMs is the large problem for us, as well as regulating yourself and not play stupid (take camp spots for days on end or not set up for using instances to grind xp, being away from the keynoard for far too long). There were some bans, large ones, some time ago, they generally subsided. It can happen again anytime, for no discernable reason. This can lead you to play smarter, or play on an EMU where a ruleset has boxing allowed. EQ is not dead, not RG. For me, I can only say jump back in if you love EQ. Welcome back friend, hope life has gotten better and you can enjoy the fantasy game again.

News - One of the top investors in EG7 calling for sale of company

Users who are viewing this thread

Back