• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

ok so there are ways to save new macros? (1 Viewer)

thayne27

RedCents
Yes this is a silly question, however i am gonna play as dumb as i can just to ensure that this is sucessful and replys are easy to understand. However before you respond to this thread yes i have read how to but it seems not to work as i expected. Now, do i copy and paste into notepad name **joemama.mac** and save target to macro folder in MQ2 location correct? Then do i just simply **/macro Joemama (ingame) and it will run? also are/plugin or /plug anything begining with MQ2**** ? i tried a few like but not seeing too much diffrence

also what are some reccommended things to run<<<<<< please be as remedial as possible :)

thanks for your help and newbie support

Save into MQ2\Macros

Also, make sure windows isn't do you a favor by hiding file extensions. Lots of folks get the problem where they rename the file to <whatever>.mac and the file system sees it as <whatever>.mac.txt

You /plugin the mq2xxxx files that are .dll files (and are zipped up with mq2 in the precompiled version). That LOADS the plugins.

That does not RUN them (for the most part). You have to activate them.
The method of activation depends on the mq2xxxx plugin you're running.

For example. For MQ2HUD (Heads Up Display) plugin, hit f11 (i think)
For MQ2MAP hit backspace to see the new map
For Many of the others, you have to issue a specific /yyyy command. See the writeup that should be in the post where you got the mq2xxxx plugin.

Macros are a different beast entirely.
you execute them by typing /mac mmmmm and it will run the mmmmm.mac file from your /macro subdirectory.
It got into the /macro subdirectory by the usual means that files get into directories: you put it there (with a text editor), it got downloaded to there, it came with your pre-compiled mq2, etc.

What to run. Well, it depends on what class of toon you have.
AT LEAST run MQ2Map. That'll give you a new and improved ingame map.
Many people use only that. It won't get you banned, unless you brag about it in public.

From there you can branch out. I'd suggest using the stuff that RedQuest has NOT marked as dangerous, (See his post), at least till you have more experience with MQ2. That will keep you pretty safe from the EQ Gestapo.

Remember :: ANY use of MQ2 is illegal. It is punishable, however, only if you get caught. So, for a noobie, I'd suggest, go slow, fly low and stay way under the radar until you know what's what.

ok when you say .txt thatis the file type as an extention of the format that is savedin correct? well how would one remove that option ( all files? ) But thanks for the quick response loking foward to using that with a grain of salt :) i know no use when GM in same zone iavoid it when on period wen they are on. and map oh yea its good no need for a tracker.

im a warrior btw

speaking of which i saw the HUD for war i loaded it but is the hud just the writing like target npc yada yada ? or the UserIntrface it self and the UI folder ..... what is that cant read it in EQ UI? thats not important really i like the one that i use currently. but yea MQ2 things are /plugins and macros are the icons that look like a window with mini icons (like the run_with type) and plugins are little text doc looking things with gears right? but any warrior or melee specific would be kewl this is last questions i believe. veryhelpful ty and im keeping it one post too lol les spam

I don't have a clue what you're asking.. about icons. :) Icons are WINDOWS creations. Not EQ and not MQ. So it depends on the version of Windows you use.

The HUD is text that displays on the screen seperate and apart from any UI. You can't click it or select it or anything. It's just info.

ok when you say .txt thatis the file type as an extention of the format that is savedin correct? well how would one remove that option ( all files? ) But thanks for the quick response loking foward to using that with a grain of salt i know no use when GM in same zone iavoid it when on period wen they are on. and map oh yea its good no need for a tracker.

To make sure you have the right extension for macros open a folder (macro foleer is fine). At the top of that window, select Tools >> Folder Options. Under the view tab, look for Hide extensions for known file types and make sure it is not selected. This will show you if you have a macro saved with the .txt extension

When you save a macro, select save as type as all files.

I suggest you take a look at where you got the compile from and review your options for plugins. http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=15903 will list all plugins included and brief description on how to use them. MQ2melee and MQ2moveutils are some of my favorites. It is almost unbearable to tank without them now :p

As far as the UI is concerned, some plugins require a specific UI that will be in your MacroQuest MQUI folder. These need to be copied into your Everquest UI folder, if you want to take avantage of those plugins.

thanks again you all rock with responces my other questions about melee what to use attached to the OK so there is a way to save new macros" helped alot used MQ2Melee (with agro on for tanking was neat) but when tried in a kite group couldnt do /melee aggro off or aggrooff so any other info would be helpful.

also i cannot get the other one anyone have a Zip for melee movement type that you allwere refering to?

also the iconsare the rar files i think all mac stuff that looks like a icon that dosent have a program to open it ( you click it and it asks you what to open with) it looks like a piece of paper folded upper right corner with a picture of a window( like u open a folder take a screen shot and print that is what it looks like) sorry about not being descriptive. was a lil tired trying to figure the details out on my own w/o asking and taking yalls time when its the trivial stuff, but stuff none the less that im sure other noobies ( like myself) all have to start somewhere with some type of knowledge or non at all ad develope it lol!

well cheers and thanks in advance. this is the best customer service i have ever recieved in many years.... aside from clubs JK lol JK :drink

Last edited:
ok so there are ways to save new macros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back