• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Offline Trader Mode - Crash (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,453¢
For the last month or so, MQ keeps throwing the following error whenever I click offline trader. Not sure what changed, or what is going on.

I understand I can /unload before going offline trader mode, but I like the way I can use the bazaar.mac and it will go offline for me. But it is annoying that I have to dismiss this error now to unstick the offline screen.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Attachments

• MQCrash_Bazaar.jpg
    MQCrash_Bazaar.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
Solution
I wanted to respond to this thread with an update, because I finally figured out what was causing this crash.

First, I also noticed that without MQ running, the offline trader option would essentially cause the screen to hang at the black screen before it is supposed to terminate. And I think I found this problem in another older thread(s) as well regarding the same thing HERE.

So, upon further investigation I found that something with the Audioses.dll file (as shown in my screenshot) is in direct conflict with the audio drivers in my system. When digging deeper the end result was that the Nvidia audio drivers were causing some sort of issue in my system (I have two (2) Nvidia cards in my system. Upon deeper thinking I realized...
As a temporary workaround, you could edit the Bazaar mac to add an unload just before going offline?

Lines 165 for the trader side and 181 for the barter side. Just after those lines after that confirmation click a /unload might do the trick if you want to try.

The Audioses.dll error after some googling looks like a windows DISM type of error to fix. Not so much an MQ one.

As a temporary workaround, you could edit the Bazaar mac to add an unload just before going offline?

Lines 165 for the trader side and 181 for the barter side. Just after those lines after that confirmation click a /unload might do the trick if you want to try.

The Audioses.dll error after some googling looks like a windows DISM type of error to fix. Not so much an MQ one.
Unloading will not work in that fashion, because the mac has to remain running to execute the offline trader function. Unloading will terminate MQ completely.

I know what the files being called are. But, fact is there is an interaction with MQ as it causes MQ to crash. Was hoping for suggestions as to why this is suddenly happening. There is an older post about this some time ago which seemed to have been fixed when it was fixed in MQ I believe. Nothing in my system has changed. And everything else in MQ functions as intended.

I appreciate the response none the less.

EDIT: Here is the other post about this very same thing some time ago. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/trader-going-into-offline-mode-crashes-eq-mq2.77338/

Last edited:
I wanted to respond to this thread with an update, because I finally figured out what was causing this crash.

First, I also noticed that without MQ running, the offline trader option would essentially cause the screen to hang at the black screen before it is supposed to terminate. And I think I found this problem in another older thread(s) as well regarding the same thing HERE.

So, upon further investigation I found that something with the Audioses.dll file (as shown in my screenshot) is in direct conflict with the audio drivers in my system. When digging deeper the end result was that the Nvidia audio drivers were causing some sort of issue in my system (I have two (2) Nvidia cards in my system. Upon deeper thinking I realized that this problem did start right after an Nvidia driver update. I didn't think too much about the Nvidia update at first when I started troubleshooting because I failed to realize there are audio drivers as well with the Nvidia graphics drivers updates (You have to purposefully uncheck to install these drivers...but I always had done the recommended all drivers installation method).

The Fix: I uninstalled the Nvidia audio drivers. Also, disabled all 5 of my HDMI audio sources (5 monitors connected to the 2 cards). Once this was done, the problem went away and all is well now. I suppose rolling back to a different driver may have also fixed the problem, but since I do not use my Nvidia audio, I decided this was a more permanent solution rather than run into this issue again upon another faulty driver update.

I hope this helps someone else if they run into this problem as well.

Solution
Problem - Offline Trader Mode - Crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back