• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Noob to macros needs help (1 Viewer)

RedCents
60¢
Noob to macros

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK I am trying to get going with macros for running some of my boxed toons namely my cleric and shammy. I am trying to get the shammy up and running first. I saw a macro in the vip section of Mq2 which seemed like what I wanted but I can not get it to work. I need to include the #include spell_routines.inc wtf is that??

I copied the code and saved to a notepad file .mac like I have down with other simple mac's, and I can not get it to run I PM'ed the guy who wrote it but I asked him 2-3 questions and he thinks I am a tard, although he was cool and atleast responded, he did not offer me any useful info other than to read his post. From what I gather I can not run the mac due to other plugins that I need and the only thing it seems I am missing the spell_routines??

Now I using the current Turk (thanks T) and have added the missing plugins seeing there was a spell routine in the mq2cast folder, but I was not sure where all those files go, the inc file I placed in the common folder, in the macro folder, since it had inc files in it. Did not help. So anyone want to help a noob get his first toon macro going??

Thanks (bows to his betters)

<edit>

ok searched the wiki, and found a vip version of the spell_routine, what do I do with it and where does it go??

spell routines handles all of your toons cast requests and deals with fizzles etc.

most macs use it. a .inc file is sort of an extention to any macro where that macro is allowed to call routines from the inc file. Inc files are commonly used for routines that are common to game play in general, such as casting spells, looting mobs or accepting a rez and looting your corpse.

you should be able to do a search on the MQ2 boards for spellroutines.inc and find it there.

http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11656 is the link to the spell routines page in the VIP section of the MQ2 boards. Of course, if you aren't a VIP, you probably want to become one.

Ahhhh NM.....

I didn't finish reading your post. I see you did find spell routines. Take note; however, that you will want to run MQ2Exchange as Spellroutines will call on this plugin to auto switch out clickies you have defined in macros as having an effect you want to cast.

Noob to macros needs help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back