• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - No Meshes?! CWTN Doesn't Work?! No Movement in ToL?! (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
29,278¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Howdy All,

With this newest expansion from everquest, there are new zones.

With new zones, you need navigation meshes for mq2nav, easyfind, and anything else that uses mq2nav to move around to be able to do all the navigation stuff that you're used to. This includes the cwtn plugins for modes that want to do movement (anything other than manual mode), and other automation suites that use nav for movement.

Currently, the RG Launcher does not have the "Mesh Updater" button for MQNext - MacroQuest "Next".

What does this mean?

This means you have three options for getting navigation meshes for MacroQuest "Next"

1. Download them from https://mqmesh.com/ and extract to Resources/MQ2Nav
2. Copy them from the MQ2Nav from your VV release to the Next Resources/MQ2Nav after running the meshupdater from your old MacroQuest2 "Legacy" install.
3. Copy Meshupdater.exe from MQ2\Release to Resources folder (this is resources, not resources/mq2nav, thanks @arander) and then run it.

If you are in-game do a /nav reload on all your toons after you get them.

If for some reason you hate new stuff, and are still running on the old mq2 legacy, you can just hit the mesh updater button in the RedGuides launcher. Soon this button will be there for "next" as well

I had this same thing happen to me a while back. - I think I deleted the following directory
C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\NavMeshUpdater

And then just re-ran the updater, the directory will self populate.
That's not a solution that should be used. The above solutions mentioned by Sic are the correct options at this time.

That's not a solution that should be used. The above solutions mentioned by Sic are the correct options at this time.
My reply was intended to be directed at @Zafron and his specific issue with the updater and how I fixed it when I had the same issue. Post #5 in the thread I said how to get the meshes, and if you take a look the post that Sic made was edited, while not verbatim, the instructions are what I wrote out w/ a little more information.

My reply was intended to be directed at @Zafron and his specific issue with the updater and how I fixed it when I had the same issue. Post #5 in the thread I said how to get the meshes, and if you take a look the post that Sic made was edited, while not verbatim, the instructions are what I wrote out w/ a little more information.
I see, thank you for editing your original post to reflect as much.

Howdy All,

With new zones, you need navigation meshes for mq2nav, easyfind, and anything else that uses mq2nav to move around to be able to do all the navigation stuff that you're used to. This includes the cwtn plugins for modes that want to do movement (anything other than manual mode), and other automation suites that use nav for movement.

Currently, the RG Launcher does not have the "Mesh Updater" button for MQNext - MacroQuest "Next".

What does this mean?

This means you have three options for getting navigation meshes for MacroQuest "Next"

2. Copy them from the MQ2Nav from your VV release to the Next Resources/MQ2Nav after running the meshupdater from your old MacroQuest2 "Legacy" install.
3. Copy Meshupdater.exe from MQ2\Release to Resources folder (this is resources, not resources/mq2nav, thanks @arander) and then run it.

did this and still no meshes on any toons

tried all of them not good at all on computers to be honest everything works on toons just no meshes
then that almost certainly means you didn't put them in the correct place.

for MacroQuest "Next" they go in your resources -> MQ2Nav folder, and then you would /nav reload on each toon in game

file is in there and nav reload does nothing
show me with a sreensnip

Take an easy screen snip with Shift+Windows Key+S, then select the area you wish to copy, then Control+V to paste it in the reply window.

my directory is going to look a little different than yours, but you can see here release\resources\mq2nav and then the navmeshes
1639770063531.png

ok i have a seriously stupid question so i did the upgrade to mqnext copied over my meshes my plugins and almost everything else that requires mq2nav runs fine except my autorun if i hit the find button and try to auto navigate to a zoneline or a quest npc or one of my group members i get the find pathing on the screen but the toons do not move on there own to these sources anymore how do i correct this

ok i have a seriously stupid question so i did the upgrade to mqnext copied over my meshes my plugins and almost everything else that requires mq2nav runs fine except my autorun if i hit the find button and try to auto navigate to a zoneline or a quest npc or one of my group members i get the find pathing on the screen but the toons do not move on there own to these sources anymore how do i correct this
This was a part of the > Functions & Features etc Guide <

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you

Having issues with plugins working in Terror or Luclin zones. I have migrated to Next following Sics videos and everything seemed to work fine until started playing in the new zones. I cant get any of my box group to attack in unison or even my tank to pick up agro from pulls.
Any suggestions would be absolutely amazing as I feel stuck

howdy Kanleb,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

more than likely you just missed that stickied thread above where you originally posted. :)

You probably don't have new meshes.

But you need meshes to do any modes other than manual mode, and do to any moving around.

each of the plugins would tell you that it was placing you in manual mode and tell you to get meshes.

> CLICK HERE <

I am having issue setting up my mq2nav to work with the mqnext server. I am stuck with being able to control all my toons and only use spells up to 115. Or manually controlling each toon and using my spells to 120. I have tried copying my nav folder into the nqnext folder, I have tried to mab to my maps and location if nav folder. I am sure it is something stupid I ma missing but not sure what it is.

Think might need a little more information. Youre saying that next works with controlling all your toons to 115 but not 120. And your mq2nav isnt working. Which way are you trying to use nav to move the toons, do you mean that you open the find window click on a target (like banker) and they dont move? if so, when you open the find window it tells you the new instructions in the title bar what to do (shift click on the target to run to it, or ctrl shift click to move the group).

If you mean the cwtn plugins arnt doing anything above 115, then im hopeing you havent just tried to copy the plugin files from your live folder to the next folder, as they are totally diffrent. The server updates every 4 hours, which will place your Next version of the plugins into your Next version of mq2, which work.

Sorry I've just woke up, head is a little fuzzy, but hope it makes sense.

I am having issue setting up my mq2nav to work with the mqnext server. I am stuck with being able to control all my toons and only use spells up to 115. Or manually controlling each toon and using my spells to 120. I have tried copying my nav folder into the nqnext folder, I have tried to mab to my maps and location if nav folder. I am sure it is something stupid I ma missing but not sure what it is.
what stuff are you using? CWTN plugins? Kiss? Muleassist? Xgen? mq2melee? RGmercs?

here are 2 good ones for CWTN anyhow

Howdy All,

What does this mean?

If for some reason you hate new stuff, and are still running on the old mq2 legacy, you can just hit the mesh updater button in the RedGuides launcher. Soon this button will be there for "next" as well
Hi All,
In advance, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...so give me a little rope. I think in terms of instructions this would be simpler if it was broken down into two scenarios in the instructions:

EX: Scenario 1: Installing NEXT with no previous MQ2 (legacy) install
1) Download Meshupdater.exe from >here<
2) Locate the Meshupdater.exe file from your download folders
3) Copy this file to the VeryVanilla\MQNext\Release folder
3) Run the Meshupdater.exe file on the VeryVanilla]MQNext\Release folder. Note: this will pop the utility. Press Update; it will create the MQ2Nav folder and update all mesh files
4) In Everquest, running MQNext, on the chat window type /nav reload

EX: Scenario 2: Migrating from legacy MQ2 to MQNext..

Food for thought...

And oh yea...finally installed next in one of these boxes...get ready for a gazillion questions ya'll :)

the step 1 allowed for downloading the meshes without having an already existing mq2 install.

soon the launcher will handle this for next and it will no longer be an issue.

but yeah, step 1

Tech - No Meshes?! CWTN Doesn't Work?! No Movement in ToL?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back