• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Tech - No Meshes?! CWTN Doesn't Work?! No Movement in ToL?! (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,730¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Howdy All,

With this newest expansion from everquest, there are new zones.

With new zones, you need navigation meshes for mq2nav, easyfind, and anything else that uses mq2nav to move around to be able to do all the navigation stuff that you're used to. This includes the cwtn plugins for modes that want to do movement (anything other than manual mode), and other automation suites that use nav for movement.

Currently, the RG Launcher does not have the "Mesh Updater" button for MQNext - MacroQuest "Next".

What does this mean?

This means you have three options for getting navigation meshes for MacroQuest "Next"

1. Download them from https://mqmesh.com/ and extract to Resources/MQ2Nav
2. Copy them from the MQ2Nav from your VV release to the Next Resources/MQ2Nav after running the meshupdater from your old MacroQuest2 "Legacy" install.
3. Copy Meshupdater.exe from MQ2\Release to Resources folder (this is resources, not resources/mq2nav, thanks @arander) and then run it.

If you are in-game do a /nav reload on all your toons after you get them.

If for some reason you hate new stuff, and are still running on the old mq2 legacy, you can just hit the mesh updater button in the RedGuides launcher. Soon this button will be there for "next" as well

the war monk and sham plugins are not working correctly in TOL. Ive tried both on live and on next both do the same thing
come to me command does not work,
on zoning to TOL all characters move to manual mode. they do not attack in vorpal mode. after moving them all to vorpal and zoning they switch to manual.
none of the modes work right.
once I zone into cov or lower plugins all work fine.
I have restarted pc updated vv re launched MQ and tried Next.
any ideas?

the war monk and sham plugins are not working correctly in TOL. Ive tried both on live and on next both do the same thing
come to me command does not work,
on zoning to TOL all characters move to manual mode. they do not attack in vorpal mode. after moving them all to vorpal and zoning they switch to manual.
none of the modes work right.
once I zone into cov or lower plugins all work fine.
I have restarted pc updated vv re launched MQ and tried Next.
any ideas?
this means that you don't have the new meshes
this means you also didn't read the posts about this in any of the locations that mention it
you also posted in the wrong area.

the plugins work fine.

update your meshes :)

please post in the correct locations
please look before posting.

Definitely consider upgrading to macroquest "Next"

Howdy All,

With new zones, you need navigation meshes for mq2nav, easyfind, and anything else that uses mq2nav to move around to be able to do all the navigation stuff that you're used to. This includes the cwtn plugins for modes that want to do movement (anything other than manual mode), and other automation suites that use nav for movement.

Currently, the RG Launcher does not have the "Mesh Updater" button for MQNext - MacroQuest "Next".

What does this mean?

This means you have three options for getting navigation meshes for MacroQuest "Next"

2. Copy them from the MQ2Nav from your VV release to the Next Resources/MQ2Nav after running the meshupdater from your old MacroQuest2 "Legacy" install.
3. Copy Meshupdater.exe from MQ2\Release to Resources folder (this is resources, not resources/mq2nav, thanks @arander) and then run it.

Howdy All,

What does this mean?

3. Copy Meshupdater.exe from MQ2\Release to Resources/MQ2Nav and then run it.

Ehm not to argue man, but you gotta put the meshupdater.exe in next\resource and run it(create shortcut to desktop)
If you put it in the \next\resource\mq2nav it creates another folder inside(found this out the hard way lol, easy fix) however putting it in resource it uploads all mesh's to the right folder. Did this a couple months back.

You do great work, and i know its a struggle sometimes dealing with us. All you Creators do a superb job

Ehm not to argue man, but you gotta put the meshupdater.exe in next\resource and run it(create shortcut to desktop)
If you put it in the \next\resource\mq2nav it creates another folder inside(found this out the hard way lol, easy fix) however putting it in resource it uploads all mesh's to the right folder. Did this a couple months back.

You do great work, and i know its a struggle sometimes dealing with us. All you Creators do a superb job
thanks for the eyeball check, bad copy paste trying to clean up all the times i've answered this

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or exactly which thread to post this question in.

I am in ToL for first time since release. I followed instructions on switching to Next.

In game, "come to me" isn't working. None of the premium plugins will chase. EQBCS did not auto load, and when I did it manually from the tray it was "waiting for connections on port... 2112"

I restarted my computer since I initially started as normal with "Live".

I'm sure its simple, and likely discussed, but did not discover a post leading to a solution yet.

you don't have meshes, you need meshes.

you also definitely did skip the post that is next to yours in "what's new" where this is mentioned.
1639061242022.png

re: eqbc - you will want to connect to your eqbc server like normal - make sure you're not trying to run multiples

Not sure what I am doing wrong, or exactly which thread to post this question in.

I am in ToL for first time since release. I followed instructions on switching to Next.

In game, "come to me" isn't working. None of the premium plugins will chase. EQBCS did not auto load, and when I did it manually from the tray it was "waiting for connections on port... 2112"

I restarted my computer since I initially started as normal with "Live".

I'm sure its simple, and likely discussed, but did not discover a post leading to a solution yet.
Nav meshs need updated as sic said, which we talked about right above your post.
Download the navmeshupdater and put in next\resource folder create shortcut and run it.

eqbcs- make sure you have pluginmanager loaded (/plugin mq2pluginmanager load) then /pluginman. scroll down list to mq2eqbcs and make sure its green, if not left click to turn it green.

i run eqbcs on 3 computer so have my second computer set as my server, but
/bccmd connect 192.168.1.130(or whatever your computers IP is) 2112
/bccmd reconnect on
gotta do it on each character

been using next for months and run eqbcs flawlessly

howdy randy,

I'm sorry you're having some challenges.

Please see this post here:

Sic, thank you and I appreciate it. Totally not your fault, You all here have great guides and a phenomenal tool. I in no way think it's your fault. i just cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I will check that link, I thinki have seen it before. I think i am actually missing MQ@ itself somehow i have launcher but i think its not getting the core files.
1639073401817.png

Sic, thank you and I appreciate it. Totally not your fault, You all here have great guides and a phenomenal tool. I in no way think it's your fault. i just cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. I will check that link, I thinki have seen it before. I think i am actually missing MQ@ itself somehow i have launcher but i think its not getting the core files.
please check the link. from your picture it appears you're trying to put your navigation meshes into your redguide's launcher resource folder and not your mq "next" resource->MQ2nav folder.

howdy randy,

I'm sorry you're having some challenges.

Please see this post here:

Frustrated Beavis And Butthead GIF by Stotes
yes I have that article on my phone - I do not see MQ@nav folder or and i do have a resource folder i linke din photo above but in it are the meshes. those are what i copied to try and put in mq2\ release but i cannot find any mq2 folders

yes I have that article on my phone - I do not see MQ@nav folder or and i do have a resource folder i linke din photo above but in it are the meshes. those are what i copied to try and put in mq2\ release but i cannot find any mq2 folders
randy, my friend, as i just mentioned based on your picture you're looking in the installation directory for your redguide's launcher - the actual launcher app - this is not your macroquest installation.

right click on this in your taskbar
1639073630917.png

Then go up to "Open Folder" and then "Resources"
1639073659563.png

this is what mine looks like (mine will be slightly different than yours)

This resources\mq2nav folder is where meshes for macroquest "Next" go
1639073697977.png

randy, my friend, as i just mentioned based on your picture you're looking in the installation directory for your redguide's launcher - the actual launcher app - this is not your macroquest installation.

right click on this in your taskbar
View attachment 35589

Then go up to "Open Folder" and then "Resources"
View attachment 35590

this is what mine looks like (mine will be slightly different than yours)

This resources\mq2nav folder is where meshes for macroquest "Next" go
View attachment 35591

thank you I see it, im sorry im so dense. im not very tech savy

1639073857240.png

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, any idea where i can find the actual MQ2 folder? when i right click on mq2 button i see what you showed me, but if i search user public or personal i see no mq2 folder? if i type in mq2 in search bar it shows none?

this thread i gave you a picture by picture on how to find your folder - that folder in the post you made afterwards is the folder that you want to extract the meshes to

1. download meshes MQMesh.com
2. extract them to the folder in you posted in your image

this is your image:

the meshes go inside that "MQ2Nav" folder you posted the picture of

1639075347003.png

Sorry Sic, I am trying to follow your instructions, i am just missing the basics, your last post was super helpful with the screen shot. I was able to right click and see the resources there. I just cannot find the actual folder when i manual look in chain -

what should this screen look like?

1639075578095.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Sic, I am trying to follow your instructions, i am just missing the basics, your last post was super helpful with the screen shot. I was able to right click and see the resources there. I just cannot find the actual folder when i manual look in chain -

what should this screen look like?

View attachment 35595
howdy randy,

I'm trying my very best to help you, so i apologize if it isn't working.

if you literally just followed the steps i posted and pasted the meshes into the folder that the previous screen shots showed you would be victorious

that screen looks like how you have it setup.

which means your MacroQuest "Next" install is c:\Users\sirde\OneDrive\Desktop\mq2 next

which means meshes go in c:\Users\sirde\OneDrive\Desktop\mq2 next\Resources\MQ2Nav

so put the meshes in that location and you win

howdy randy,

I'm trying my very best to help you, so i apologize if it isn't working.

if you literally just followed the steps i posted and pasted the meshes into the folder that the previous screen shots showed you would be victorious

that screen looks like how you have it setup.

which means your MacroQuest "Next" install is c:\Users\sirde\OneDrive\Desktop\mq2 next

which means meshes go in c:\Users\sirde\OneDrive\Desktop\mq2 next\Resources\MQ2Nav

so put the meshes in that location and you win
You are doing amazing, and I can tell my ability to follow is frustrating. I am sorry. let me back up a step - I understand the need to move meshes and folders. and your guide video and your pics showing the clicks are perfect. I do not think i have MQ2 itself installed. I think i messed it all up - my install chain above goes to my One drive. but if i actual click on c: - user - sirde -onedrive- desktop - mq2next all i have is plug in - which has my CWTN files -
1639077446195.png

i do not find an actual mq2 folder that has for example Macros or release. I do find a Macros folder Under c: - user - public - redguides - macros - i have places my macros in there for my INI files but they do not load on the character. when in game if i do /mac kissassist. nothing loads. but i think my actual problem is i somehow loaded the whole thing wrong. I need to figure out how to just full start over. I do not think i have an actual MQ2 folder. I only find MQ2 when right clicking and open folder - there i see a macros folder and resource folder. but unless i click on the MQ2 button i do not find those actual files if i search my c: drive.

This is a brand new computer, it has windows 11, I have not figured out how to un install yet. I think i need to blank everything and just start over. I have somehow messed up the install. i do not think this should be going to Cloud, it should be going to my hard drive. But when i do load accounts i see the CWTH inerface and can select options, so I am not sure what i have done ..... so sorry

You are doing amazing, and I can tell my ability to follow is frustrating. I am sorry. let me back up a step - I understand the need to move meshes and folders. and your guide video and your pics showing the clicks are perfect. I do not think i have MQ2 itself installed. I think i messed it all up - my install chain above goes to my One drive. but if i actual click on c: - user - sirde -onedrive- desktop - mq2next all i have is plug in - which has my CWTN files -
View attachment 35598

i do not find an actual mq2 folder that has for example Macros or release. I do find a Macros folder Under c: - user - public - redguides - macros - i have places my macros in there for my INI files but they do not load on the character. when in game if i do /mac kissassist. nothing loads. but i think my actual problem is i somehow loaded the whole thing wrong. I need to figure out how to just full start over. I do not think i have an actual MQ2 folder. I only find MQ2 when right clicking and open folder - there i see a macros folder and resource folder. but unless i click on the MQ2 button i do not find those actual files if i search my c: drive.

This is a brand new computer, it has windows 11, I have not figured out how to un install yet. I think i need to blank everything and just start over. I have somehow messed up the install. i do not think this should be going to Cloud, it should be going to my hard drive. But when i do load accounts i see the CWTH inerface and can select options, so I am not sure what i have done ..... so sorry
np, check your pm and we'll see if we can get you sorted out

My wife and I are having issues migrating to MQNext. We went through all the steps to change over to Next, but are unable to use our boxes due to "Mesh not found" isuues. We have even gone as far as to unload everything and reinstall, yet we are having the same issues. If I put a box on "Chase", a prompt comes up in the control panel saying "Unable to find mesh, returning to manual mode" (close to actual wording). Are we missing something, or do we have a serious problem?

My wife and I are having issues migrating to MQNext. We went through all the steps to change over to Next, but are unable to use our boxes due to "Mesh not found" isuues. We have even gone as far as to unload everything and reinstall, yet we are having the same issues. If I put a box on "Chase", a prompt comes up in the control panel saying "Unable to find mesh, returning to manual mode" (close to actual wording). Are we missing something, or do we have a serious problem?

1639330573309.png
Howdy All,

What does this mean?

I have 2 puters....on one the mesh updater loads fine....on my win 10 laptop, the compass icon pops up but the missing zones are not displayed and in a
few seconds the map icon goes away ...and updates are not done ....any tips ?

Tech - No Meshes?! CWTN Doesn't Work?! No Movement in ToL?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back