• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - no Left Turn or Back unless I use the keys? (1 Viewer)

Woody

RedCents
Hello, at first thought keyboard was jacked up so swapped it out and same issue, I ran thru all the files on EQ and still same issue, I just downloaded several plug ins for Mage,Beast,Shaman, and SK, with ranger as leader, I coulnt turn left of go back on any of them using Arrow keys. Any Suggestions?

if you are talking about the plugins by CWTN and SIC, they do not control your keys, so that is not the issue, the issue might be you have the plugin mq2advpath loaded, and that replaces the follow command from eq with a much more aggresive follow, that is called afollow, this follow takes over your movement, and cant be ended by using movement controls.

so if you are using the groupinfo plugin, that also uses the afollow on the follow button, then you have your problem.

my suggestion is either, unload the mq2advpath plugin, or consider reading up on chase mode for your plugins, and not use the follow key from groupinfo or the follow command.

Hello, at first thought keyboard was jacked up so swapped it out and same issue, I ran thru all the files on EQ and still same issue, I just downloaded several plug ins for Mage,Beast,Shaman, and SK, with ranger as leader, I coulnt turn left of go back on any of them using Arrow keys. Any Suggestions?
kaen is correct, the cwtn plugins don't hijack any of your buttons.

are you sure you're not just navigating and don't have your nav settings to break on keypress? like are they moving somewhere and you want them to stop?

if you are in chasemode, you're going to chase your MA.

if you have your "follow me" stuck on, you will want to unclick that, so they're not stuck following whatever toon you pressed it on - also not related to the cwtn plugins

watch my "how i move my toons" vid guide

5 question marks is probably 4 too many btw =p since it sounds like a broader mq question rather than a cwtn plugin question i'm not going to move your thread to that location, but gonna take away some of the question marks

thanks for the reply, my leader of the group that I had all follwing cant turn right or back either Ive tried everything, not sure what to check since im new, I dont think the plugins are causing my issue I really dont know why I cant use my right turn or back key, I can go use the default keys on that are lettered to go right or back but the normal Arrow right and Arrow back key wont work.

Woody's downloads indicate live server.

I would double check that you don't remove a keybind or add a keybind.

Can you also confirm that you're using a standard qwerty keyboard and not an international one?

I checked everything I know to check, now im using the new keyboard I bought from Best buy with the entire system that is new. a Cyberpower PC PLay ready wired gaming keyboard, 01 NOHI led keyboard KB-161-306, I even unplugged and used my wireless keyboard from another computer and it does the same thing. I went into everquest and checked the Options-keys and the "keypress" letter "D" moves right, and "keypress" letter "S" moves back, it will work while depressing those keys but the "Alternate" "RIGHT"(--->) key or the "Alternate" "Down" key that everyone used to move on EQ doesnt work.

I had this problem a long while back. I cannot remember the exact details but I think it was something in either react or event... (I think react).
Try unloading or stopping react and see if that helps. If it does check your statements in MQ2React.yaml

Question - no Left Turn or Back unless I use the keys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back