• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

< newwbie (1 Viewer)

pillion15

RedCents
Ok i downloaded MQ2, i unzipped it.
i downloaded a compliation. i unzipped it also, i ran MQ2 then EQ.
i got an error message reading ' incorrect client version'
WTF do i do now to get this workin? a step by step would be nice plz as i havent found one yet. thank you in advance

Ok I'm not a noob, but I'm still a semi-noob when it comes to the more "advanced" macros and usage of MQ2. The best advice has already been given. Read. I re-read the link above to the guides area just for kicks and learned a few things I didn't know.
And give yourself some time to learn. Start out with a few simple things like the mq2map, just to learn how to load plugins. Read each thread thoroughly to make sure that the plugin still works.
If you go to the "Strategies and Cheats" section, there's a link to the Redquest 3.0 compile. This is the official version. What I would recommend doing is clearing out your mq2 folder, redownloading this compile, unzip it to your mq2 folder, then try running it. THEN start browsing for plugins and macros that you think you might be interested in.
If, after reading, and trying all of this, if you're still having problems, most of us are happy to help as we were once (and some still are /blush) new to this.
I won't help you if you haven't read the guides, but after reading a bit and if you still don't understand, feel free to pm me and I"ll try to walk you through it as best I can.
Good luck!

You must have an downloaded an old compile. You need to get a compile dated after the 12/5 patch. Unzip it ... run MQ2 ... run EQ then try to run a macro and see what you get. I was a noob myself hehe actually I am still a noob to MQ2 and computers for that matter

okay for starters
quote 'Yeah, try looking harder the next time. Sticky in the guides area'
read that several times and downloaded the MQ2 it says the way it say. this is the reason i posted, i couldnt figure out what i had done wrong...., and linking me back there doenst solve a porblem it makes me post again, on the other hand,
Thank you jinx, i'll look for an updated version tomorrow.
stay safe yall

< newwbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back