• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - newbie with Question (1 Viewer)

AkronzFurey

RedCents
100¢
HI all I just joined Redguides and used isoboxer for a while way back when, I didnt see anything anywhere that allowed you to upgrade yourself from level 1 to purchase a sub for level 2 so i can try veryvanilla and can box without having to switch windows with 4 toons. Or Did i miss it somewhere?
ive also watching some of the videos and im somewhat stupid when it comes to setting up some stuff so how is it for someone to set it up so he can control 4 toons at once....
waiting for replies....

HI all I just joined Redguides and used isoboxer for a while way back when, I didnt see anything anywhere that allowed you to upgrade yourself from level 1 to purchase a sub for level 2 so i can try veryvanilla and can box without having to switch windows with 4 toons. Or Did i miss it somewhere?
ive also watching some of the videos and im somewhat stupid when it comes to setting up some stuff so how is it for someone to set it up so he can control 4 toons at once....
waiting for replies....
typically what you would want to do is contribute to the community and earn redcents that you can spend on a lvl 2 in the redcents shop. It doesn't take much to earn redcents, and it is a good way to get folks to participate in the community - because RG is all about the community we have here.

I hit you with 30 days of lvl 2 - but you should definitely consider posting some of your favorite lvling spots, or tips and tricks, or any guides, or anything that you would show a friend.

Definitely make sure you check out all the install/setup/beginner RG official guides > HERE < - I also have several videos and such in my signature and resources around the forums

edit: forgot to welcome you! Welcome to redguides, we're lucky to have you!

MQ2/VV has a TON of stuff, and it is easy to get overwhelmed out the gate - so take things a little at a time and you'll be kickin ass in no time

Last edited:
waiting for replies....
Hi and welcome AkronzFurey!

I’m pretty new to boxing with MQ2 myself and I was very overwhelmed in the beginning. I think I have watched the tutorial videos 3 times now and I figure out one more piece of the puzzle each time. I have found that learning Very Vanilla and MQ2 is almost as fun as playing the game. Don’t get frustrated, come on here and look through other posts and ask questions. I’ve asked questions and learned things I should have known but didn’t that were completely unrelated to my question at hand. autogroup is amazing!

The videos are an amazing resource to get you started. As you grow you are going to want to tweak things to fit your play style. Most free cleric/bard setups don’t have them automatically melee. Some people want them to. I wanted the bard to assist in melee so I had to figure out the tweak in the file to make him do that. It’s an awesome feeling to make the tweak and then see the character do what you want. Almost as gratifying as DING!

Good luck and I look forward to assisting as I can through your journey.

Hi Again All and thanx for the sub to try redguides out! im currently spending all day trying to set this up following the videos and still lost ive setup everything for a 3 caster profile 2 mages and enchanter tried making it so i can target mob with leader and have all other toons target it as well and then when i send pet in all to send in pets an then when i start casting spells gems 1-7 have my toons copy and so far ive die a few times anyone able to tell me what im doing wrong?

Question - newbie with Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back