• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - newb question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
378¢
I recently (a few months ago) came back to EQ, I used mq several years ago when it was free. I kind of remember how to use it, but really do not remember. I am asking for help on what I should down load which plugins I should use. I have a 110 beastlord and a 100 paladin that I have been boxing with. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I recently (a few months ago) came back to EQ, I used mq several years ago when it was free. I kind of remember how to use it, but really do not remember. I am asking for help on what I should down load which plugins I should use. I have a 110 beastlord and a 100 paladin that I have been boxing with. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Howdy Jredmann - Welcome back!

I always recommend checking out the RedGuides Official videos to get started - it will show you how to get Very Vanilla, mq2autologin, mq2eqbc, mq2nav, and kissassist installed and rockin.

I also have a little guide video (which I plan on re-doing here in the near future when some stuff gets updated/changed), where I show some usage of kissassist (with moving your group around, pull mode), show some mq2nav stuff like easyfind and travelto, and go over just some good stuff. Check it out!

As far as I know, MQ2 is still free to use, if you go to the MQ2 page. We pay for Very Vanilla because all the hard work is done for us as far as putting together what you need goes, and also for the amazing help we get from people like Sic here, and other guru's on the site.

VV is by far the easiest way to automate a char, using either Kissassist, ihmercs, Core (though I haven't tried that one yet) macros, or plugins that you can buy like mq2berzerker, which is totally freaking worth it if you run a couple of zerkers :)

Edit: this is all my opinion, others may have different ones. Live and let live, etc.

I just gifted you a month of RedGuides to check it out - VeryVanilla takes a ton of the work out of getting mq2 working, and has some RedGuides exclusive stuff - plus our community is awesome - it is well worth committing to.

I just gifted you a month of RedGuides to check it out - VeryVanilla takes a ton of the work out of getting mq2 working, and has some RedGuides exclusive stuff - plus our community is awesome - it is well worth committing to.

Thank you very much Sic. I have been very happy with VeryVanilla and Kissassist so far, it is way easier to box now. And the RedGuides videos are great!

Thank you very much Sic. I have been very happy with VeryVanilla and Kissassist so far, it is way easier to box now. And the RedGuides videos are great!
awesome man - the redguides videos are great!

I also have a video in my signature that is worth checking out as a newer user --- I plan on re-making them sometime in the close future

don't be shy; stop by discord some time.

its a trap....

you start out with two, maybe three toons, the next thing you know its full group of characters, your working on conditionals and rotations for efficiencies and max burns. you've got your friends to subscribe and now your all considering "can we now form our own raids?"

I LOVE IT !

its a trap....

you start out with two, maybe three toons, the next thing you know its full group of characters, your working on conditionals and rotations for efficiencies and max burns. you've got your friends to subscribe and now your all considering "can we now form our own raids?"

I LOVE IT !
this aint even a lie, love it

its a trap....

I LOVE IT !

I started with a Bard ...

Then added a Cleric ..

Then was like "man, my dps sucks" so I added a Ranger ...

Then was like "man, I can't keep agro over the ranger" so I added a Shadowknight ...

Then was like "damn, I see that sweet Raz Nuke macro" so I added a Wizard ...

Then was like "I have enough healing with the cleric, maybe I should fill the last group slot" so I added a Zerker ...

You see how this goes :) Now I have 18 and while I do older raids, I'm having a blast!

its a trap....

I LOVE IT !
I know, I have 5 toons that are at least 85 now. I'll be forming my own group with a merc healer soon.

Question - newb question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back