• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - new user looking for some guidance (1 Viewer)

covidgamer

RedCents
1,141¢
Hey guys, im new to mq2. ive always boxed in eq (well, during kunark i started boxing), and am rather good at it (i think). of late i have mostly used isboxer for key broadcasting, with 1 tank i can field a small raid of casters with key broadcasting separating burn / normal dps rotation.
-Ive spent a while reading thru forums and playing with different systems (kissassist, muleassist, modbot, mq2afnuke, mq2eskay and such). before i go all in the path im thinking of, im looking for feedback from those of you more experienced in this.
-My real goal for using MQ2 is to be in control of my team and just play a bit easier.
-ideally, i would manually pull, get mobs to group, swap to tank, then control my boxes, and have them do dps or burn mode, assisting my tank. i more or less play that way when im grouping with myself or raiding in an old raid by myself. i will 100% end up diving into how everything works and figuring this stuff out, configuring everything for how i play and what i want to do also, so having 1 system to learn would be most optimal for me.
-from my initial review, im thinking of using MQ2Mule, ive ran thru downloaded ini files and modified them, played with them, and the system is highly intuitive, highly configurable and controllable.
i do have some questions
1. is there anything i really should be looking at that might fit better then mq2mule?
2. using mq2mule, (im currently using the pause command to just toggle assist mode on / off) is there a way to force the team to goto burn mode?
3. im currently using wineq2 to assign hotkeys and custom ini files to my individual toons. ive seen a few people here doing different things (Denethors symlink solution is neat). and wondering how you handle it. i just box with 1 pc, keep most instances on bare minimum everything, puller and my main toon have good graphcis.

outside of that, hello! there is a ton here to look thru, and i am going thru it, but figured id take a tiny shortcut and directly ask also. i could easily overlook something with the pure amount of information provided on this site. hopefully ill get up and running and start helping out around here some.

My acronym was mentioned like 4 times. So figured I'd poke my face in and look around. Here is some :words: I don't typically advertise my plugins. I figure if users like my plugins, they'll do all the advertising for me.

With that said, things like MQ2Mule with it's macro along side it, and KissAssist allow for more granular specificity on a lot of things. You can choose what spells to use in what situation etc. CWTN Plugins doesn't allow for that and are more of a "Log in and go" type of thing. For the plugins we've released they're designed to take the majority of the thinking out of the hands of the user and place it firmly on the developers. With that you get things like automatic determination of which spells/abilities should be used at any given level, how to use those spells/abilities, and lets you know if you're missing spells/abilities the plugin would like to use. They come prepacked with burn routines with the ability to toggle on and off various options for some control by the user. But for the most part they are designed specifically for each class to attempt to operate in the most efficient manner possible with as little user input as possible.

The videos really are great options for getting an idea of what the plugins are like, but they're all free on test, and enchanter is currently free while we beta test it. It looks like you're on the test server, which means you can load all the plugins up and use them as much as you like without paying any fees. Of course we're (Me and Sic the other developer on the project) are not opposed to your support if you wish to purchase one or more anyway).

Here's a thread setup specifically with new users in mind. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/getting-started-with-cwtn-plugins.76746/
Give it a watch

My acronym was mentioned like 4 times. So figured I'd poke my face in and look around. Here is some :words: I don't typically advertise my plugins. I figure if users like my plugins, they'll do all the advertising for me.

With that said, things like MQ2Mule with it's macro along side it, and KissAssist allow for more granular specificity on a lot of things. You can choose what spells to use in what situation etc. CWTN Plugins doesn't allow for that and are more of a "Log in and go" type of thing. For the plugins we've released they're designed to take the majority of the thinking out of the hands of the user and place it firmly on the developers. With that you get things like automatic determination of which spells/abilities should be used at any given level, how to use those spells/abilities, and lets you know if you're missing spells/abilities the plugin would like to use. They come prepacked with burn routines with the ability to toggle on and off various options for some control by the user. But for the most part they are designed specifically for each class to attempt to operate in the most efficient manner possible with as little user input as possible.

The videos really are great options for getting an idea of what the plugins are like, but they're all free on test, and enchanter is currently free while we beta test it. It looks like you're on the test server, which means you can load all the plugins up and use them as much as you like without paying any fees. Of course we're (Me and Sic the other developer on the project) are not opposed to your support if you wish to purchase one or more anyway).

Here's a thread setup specifically with new users in mind. https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/getting-started-with-cwtn-plugins.76746/
Give it a watch
will take a look at that video. i know someone who is really really happy with the cwtn Eskay and cleric plugins you and Sic made. they do look really awesome. the one part that i might not like really though, is the pure level of control the script has. ive always had some giggles at the people that are really easily seen being automated. regardless of anything though, the plugins you guys have do seem to be really well done (ive messed with the sk one a tiny bit), i watch a lot of Sics videos while im working this out myself.

2. using mq2mule, (im currently using the pause command to just toggle assist mode on / off) is there a way to force the team to goto burn mode?

outside of that, hello! there is a ton here to look thru, and i am going thru it, but figured id take a tiny shortcut and directly ask also. i could easily overlook something with the pure amount of information provided on this site. hopefully ill get up and running and start helping out around here some.
Yes, you can issue a /burn command. If you're using EQBC, then /bcaa //burn
If you haven't seen it already, also check out the guide at https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/muleassist-instructions-settings-info.73370/

Yes, you can issue a /burn command. If you're using EQBC, then /bcaa //burn
If you haven't seen it already, also check out the guide at https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/muleassist-instructions-settings-info.73370/
almost positive i have that page... think its lost in the way too many pages i have bookmarked (so many interesting topics!). but the more i look at everything, the more i think im goin with muleassist, big thanks for pointing this page out to me! so many of you guys are doing really good work over here!

Question - new user looking for some guidance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back