• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

New UI SUCKS (1 Viewer)

Sei-Ryu

RedCents
I hate this new UI, possibly the worst thing Sony could have done to EQ. Now I can no longer 2 box on the same comp because

1) This UI is taking as much resources now as the two accounts I was using put together, and

2) They fucked up the resolution I had, so now it is always full screen regardless, yeah I can move the window around, but it takes up the whole screen. Thanks again sony for fucking up my game.

/sigh

You can still change your rez. I'm running my trader ATM in 800 x 600 windowed.

And the new ui doesn't take up overhead you sap.

Sei-Ryu said:
I hate this new UI, possibly the worst thing Sony could have done to EQ. Now I can no longer 2 box on the same comp because

1) This UI is taking as much resources now as the two accounts I was using put together, and

2) They fucked up the resolution I had, so now it is always full screen regardless, yeah I can move the window around, but it takes up the whole screen. Thanks again sony for fucking up my game.
EQW + EQplaynice = For the win!

Don't use sony's windowed eq or their gay ui, convert back to the old UI and everything should be gtg. The only beef I have with this patch is the new mouse . Sometimes you load up eq and get IMS (Invisible Mouse Syndrome).

theres an easy fix posted at eqinterface/SOE boards to use old custom UI's.
Ive tested it with my 2box using the latest version of eqplaynice and windowed EQ and it works great.

You guys are smoking the junk....or....I have teh roxor PC.

I love the changes. The fact that I don't have to break my mouse away is KEY! I fucking love it. Makes life SOOOO much easier now.

And, it works flawlessly to boot.

It was a bit frustrating when I couldn't move my mouse, but sony had a fix within hours. I 100% agree with letmein about the mouse...I wish they would have done it from the start. As far as the new ui, yeah it's gay...very similar in format to eq2 and I suspect that are trying to make the ui's similar between the 2 games for commercial reasons, but it's certainly not the end of the world since you can load the old default and since there is still some old custon ui's that work. You can also bet that new custom interfaces are being worked on atm...so all is well imho. I can see where the "change" might seem frustrating to some though =).

from eqinterface.com

1. Make a copy of the \uifiles\default_old folder (copy it then paste it in the uifiles directory)
2. Rename it to whatever you want.
3. Copy all of the files from your usual ui folder.
4. Oaste them into the folder you made in step 2
5. issue the command: load <name_of_the_ui_folder> 1 inside eq

Voila.

Example:

1. Select default_old in the uifiles folder. I copy it then I paste it to make "copy of default_old"
2. I select "copy of default_old" and rename it to "vert_old"
3. I go into my current UI which is "vert" and I copy all of the files.
4. I go into the "vert_old" folder and paste the files I just copied, over the existing files (yes to all).
5. I go into EQ (I had it running while I did the above) and typed: load vert_old 1

My old UI now works, wee. I will need to upgrade it eventually I'm sure.

EDIT:
Unverified by me:
Gymndefender reminded people to make sure that your new folder name is all one word by using an underscore instead of a space.

EDIT:
People with mouse questions, this was in the patch message:

New UI is extremely ugly :( Everything is so 'blurry', I don't think they tested it in different resolutions. I do like horizontal bars though....

I had done what Brian wrote above before patching. Also downloaded up to date graphics drivers from Nvidia before proceeding, and I have had no problems with mice or anything.

I seriously hate it. I liked my hot button bar the way it was, I had my screen set up nicely, and they went and screwed it up, I think we should be given the option of having the hot button bar how we want it, like make it a resizable window......

Now every time i press the shift key to capitolise a letter, or to use punctuation, I get the shift key bug where you type in all caps as if the caps lock button was pressed, untill you push shift again. It gets damn old having to press shift then a character then shift again, just so I am not talking in all caps.

As far as the resolution goes, I tried to change it 6 times and it stayed 600 / 800 no matter what resolution I set it to, and I am on a newer alien ware machine...................... so no it's not my computer sucking. It's sony's release of yet another set of sloppy blizard like code.... I swear they must be hiring the old blizard devs who did diablo or some shit because they're coding style just keeps getting worse and worse, and they are testing less and less prior to releases.

Releaseing sloppy code, banning people in mass ammounts....... something tells me EQ may be going down like a drunken sorority hoe for free beer.

You think they tested it??? hahahahahahahaha

In full screen mode the mouse is non-functional. What did the tester say?
"Well it's ok, but you can't use the mouse" ??

That something this major made it to a "final, tested" product says something about $ony's test procedures... or lack of them.

Yeah.. they had a fix within hours...
Another change you have to make to your system to get around the client problems.

dirtynumbangel said:
As far as the resolution goes, I tried to change it 6 times and it stayed 600 / 800 no matter what resolution I set it to, and I am on a newer alien ware machine...................... so no it's not my computer sucking. It's sony's release of yet another set of sloppy blizard like code.... I swear they must be hiring the old blizard devs who did diablo or some shit because they're coding style just keeps getting worse and worse, and they are testing less and less prior to releases.

Releaseing sloppy code, banning people in mass ammounts....... something tells me EQ may be going down like a drunken sorority hoe for free beer.
Have you updated your graphics drivers? I know when I first loaded up EQ it asked if I wanted to upgrade my drivers, which it never has before.

Sklark said:
Have you updated your graphics drivers? I know when I first loaded up EQ it asked if I wanted to upgrade my drivers, which it never has before.

The problem with resolution is only in windowed mode, I posted that last post right after I woke up, so I was still half asleep and forgot to check full screen.

I keep all software on my machine up to date.
I read patch messages, I check the eq homepage, I have been doing this for almost 7 years now man ;) .
I do apreciate you trying to be helpful though. :D

i hear people bitch about it all the time. i can honestly say (even tho i cant belive i am saying this) that i am happy with this patch, removed gay helm graphics, my mouse works fine in fullscreen/windowed mode. seem to zone a little faster. clip plane seems to be broke. but you can see ALOT farther than what you used to. with no lag whatso ever. the ui i infact gay. but that took common sence. i knew that they were updateing the ui. so i saved the old default.. pointless now that they were actully smart enough to keep the old also...

The mouse should of been like this from day one. I do agree is hard to get used to. i keep hitting ctrl+alt+r to lock/release the mouse. the eq mouse has always been to slow for me. even at the highest speed. now its controlled by windows~..

for those that use wineq. there is a patch in the wineq fourms. tell he gets his server stable.

Only thing i can bitch about. is they broke mq.. but thats a given :)

Thumbs up for the mouse control. I play up to 3 on one system and the locking mouse during zoning was a pain. Also, I like the new UI; I like custom UIs but they just too much trouble to keep up, plus I like to move boxes around depending on what I am doing.

i dont like new UI, old one already activated ;)
gem spells are too dark, i can t recognize any spells in windowed game
they all look like the same with dark colors
that makes me nervous so bye bye UI :p

I had to make a change after 6 1/2 years of EQ.. but, this UI is the best for a warrior. All my stuff right in front of me, no having to flip thru banks.

New UI SUCKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back